Part number compatibility

Rockeye

Reaction score
Wonder if I could pick your collective brains?

Having issues with my right hand heated grip and seen an identical looking new part £45 cheaper than other outlets however the part numbers are different 61317708286 as opposed to mine 61323552054.

Does anyone know if the grip would work or would the bike not recognise it for any reason, the connection and grip are visually identical.

TIA 👍

My understanding is early in their lives the heated grip element evolved from a thin wire spirally wrapped to a printed element type sleeve. mine is the original type I have seen the second evolution and as you say they looked visibly at least interchangeable. I have a spoll of the element wire somewhere in the garage if it would be any use to you I could easily send a length in the post if it might help you with a (very fiddly) repair if you wish to try it. My hunch is they are interchangeable it you come to a solid conclusion it may be of use to me sometime thanks.

Wonder if I could pick your collective brains?

Having issues with my right hand heated grip and seen an identical looking new part £45 cheaper than other outlets however the part numbers are different 61317708286 as opposed to mine 61323552054.

Does anyone know if the grip would work or would the bike not recognise it for any reason, the connection and grip are visually identical.

TIA 👍

Your part No 61323552054 doesn’t exist according to the OEM catalogue, which might be because it’s a sub part of a larger assembly which is sold.

The other part no 61317708286 is a good number but fits these bikes.

Attachments

• B1C4EB05-2AC9-4F17-BA3C-B019C3006FA6.jpeg
    B1C4EB05-2AC9-4F17-BA3C-B019C3006FA6.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 176
There is a 61312352054 which is close to your number listed as..

And is a heated grip.

Attachments

• 72F52E5C-3D5A-4921-A1E2-E25D0115AF19.jpeg
    72F52E5C-3D5A-4921-A1E2-E25D0115AF19.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 165
Bikenav that’s really kind of you and thanks for the offer to send the wire over, as always happens I ordered some last night on flea bay so will be ok on this occasion but thank you once again, I will have loads left over so will be happy to return the favour to anyone in need of some. When I last tried I had an old soldering iron so struggled but again a new one is on its way so I’ll try a fix first.

If I go for the part and it works I’ll let everyone know as the breaker is only up the road from me so maybe I’ll take the bike and try before I buy:)

Ian J thanks for you detective work as looks like I’ve copied down one number wrong so will help on my search if the breaker’s grip is a non starter, hoping to get it fixed as been B***dy cold lately on the road !!

Bit of an update re the heated grip which I hope may help others on here.

I managed to find a K1200S grip which looked identical although a different part umber, as it was only £30 as opposed to no GS ones available and £115 at Motorworks I decided to take a punt on it.

The good news is it fits and works perfectly and I now have two lovely hot grips in this rather chilly cold snap. I believe the same part fits the F800 also so gives a few more options when looking for replacement parts whilst avoiding extortionate BMW prices.

Back
Top Bottom