RUKKA ArmaS replacement

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have an old ArmaS jacket which I bought back in 2010. Looking for replacing it with one of the newer models from RUKKA. Can anyone tell me which current model is as close to the ArmaS or which replaced it?

The REALER jacket is the nearest in spec according to the Rukka website

The Arma T has the strongest material panels with more armacor on the arms shoulders and back than any other Rukka.

I have one but personally wouldnt bother as when compared to my Nivala jackets, I always reach for the Nivalas as they are far more comfier to wear all day.

I have an old ArmaS jacket which I bought back in 2010. Looking for replacing it with one of the newer models from RUKKA. Can anyone tell me which current model is as close to the ArmaS or which replaced it?

I would nowadays look at either the DANE or STADLER jackets

got fed up with the crappy zips om my armas so just replaced with stadler,really nice jacket with lots of super fabric (which rukka dont use anymore due to it being expensive) the only downside is that it isnt as warm as the rukka but suitable layers solve that.i looked at the kingsley before buying the stadler but it still uses the same crappy piddley zips that over time get jammed int the adjacent zip trim.

The Arma T has the strongest material panels with more armacor on the arms shoulders and back than any other Rukka.

I have one but personally wouldnt bother as when compared to my Nivala jackets, I always reach for the Nivalas as they are far more comfier to wear all day.

Has the Nivala been upgraded to the Realer now? I cant seem to find it on the RUKKA website

Has the Nivala been upgraded to the Realer now? I cant seem to find it on the RUKKA website

Probably better off looking at the pictures and comparing the jackets as they carry different names for different countries

Rukka call the Realer, the Nivala in UK only
If you buy the Realer in EU countries same as the Nivala in UK

I had an ArmaS and now have a Nivala - it's a pretty good successor with better insulation and a softer feel.

Still super expensive but there's a 6 year warranty and for me has performed impeccably in pretty awful conditions - recommended.

The groovy new puffa type liners are well put together too.

I had an ArmaS and now have a Nivala - it's a pretty good successor with better insulation and a softer feel.

Still super expensive but there's a 6 year warranty and for me has performed impeccably in pretty awful conditions - recommended.

The groovy new puffa type liners are well put together too.

Totally agree, waterproof, comfy and the puffa liner is quality defying the thinness of it

ArmaT with the Down-X liner in the jacket, can’t compare it to the Nivala, buts very warm and comfortable. Seems very well made with stretch Armacor. Just wish I could get out on the bike more with it on. So far 2 x 12 hour shifts on a Bloodbike and I’m very pleased with my purchase.

got fed up with the crappy zips om my armas so just replaced with stadler,really nice jacket with lots of super fabric (which rukka dont use anymore due to it being expensive) the only downside is that it isnt as warm as the rukka but suitable layers solve that.i looked at the kingsley before buying the stadler but it still uses the same crappy piddley zips that over time get jammed int the adjacent zip trim.

How do the sizes compare between Rukka and Stadler?

Same really euro sizes spot on same in rukka as stadler

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

rukka is made in china...
not worth that money :barf

Stadler have a 10 year guarantee and they can also do repairs at the factory in Germany.

I just think Stadler looks like it belongs in the 90s but horses for courses :thumby:

rukka is made in china...
not worth that money :barf

What’s wrong with made in China? I’m sure their machines & machinists are just as good as anyone’s if the spec and quality controls are the same. I have both a Rukka suit (which may have been made in China) and a Tent ( which I know was) both are very well made and the equal of similar items from Uk/European factories. Quality control is the key, with out it, it doesn’t matter where something is made, it will be poor.

I've got a Rukka Armas around 9 years old, and had issues with zips.I've got a Stadler Super vent Pro2 which has been back to Stadler for 2 replacement main zips its being worn a fraction of the the time I've had the Rukka, and a Klim jacket which went in the bin after a slight off and holes in their so called super fabric. Nowadays if I had to replace a jacket I wouldn't spend more than £500 on one.
my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom