Review of new V4 Multistrada by the Bearded Bald Bikers....

I enjoyed that chat. Shocked by the restricted sat nav option, which destroys this bike for me . The GS is still king.

I enjoyed that chat. Shocked by the restricted sat nav option, which destroys this bike for me . The GS is still king.

You'd choose a bike for it's sat-nav? Surely not.

I agree that the way the nav works, if that's true, is yesterday tech. But it's good it's on the screen at least and maybe in the not to distant they'll produce a better app for it that includes waypoints. That said, I really love the way TomTom has a curvy road route and have had some brilliant rides to places I've ridden straight past before while using it. I can't see a Ducati app ever replicating that.

https://youtu.be/-acJgdf4JJk

Interesting video, i think i am leaning toward a new GSA

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

Interesting in a Steve Interesting Davis type of way .
Skip to about 26mins for all you really need to hear
Like with any bike choice I really dont think that the level of Tech and Electrikery that are included are what makes you want to buy , its what your heart desires. Im staying Orange :D

Interesting in a Steve Interesting Davis type of way .
Skip to about 26mins for all you really need to hear
Like with any bike choice I really dont think that the level of Tech and Electrikery that are included are what makes you want to buy , its what your heart desires. Im staying Orange :D

You can do routes with way point sin Sygic Maps using their map tool , email your route to the phone then to the nav. Works okay as far as i can work out .
You can also do a route in google maps , save as route , open with ITN converter , convert to a Sygic file and exprt to you android phone (itinery file) and then open in the sygic app. Not tried this as have no android phone at the moment , gathered this thro internet trawling and seeing the pros and cons. Waiting to give it a go tho along with the test ride.
Still trying the route app method at the moment to see if it works the same as google maps.
https://createweb.be/plan-your-gps-route-for-sygic-on-the-computer/

Hi

I did check this out after a comment on the video.
The desktop browser version does indeed permit waypoints, I put in 6 across the UK and it responded with "no route available"
You cannot drag the route as in Google Maps, just pick recommended or one or two alternatives.
Lets face it the nav app is basic, fine for the automotive market but not adequate for motorcycle route planning.
I cannot see how a GPS unit could be mounted inside the screen for line of view.

Andy (BBB)

You'd choose a bike for it's sat-nav? Surely not.

I agree that the way the nav works, if that's true, is yesterday tech. But it's good it's on the screen at least and maybe in the not to distant they'll produce a better app for it that includes waypoints. That said, I really love the way TomTom has a curvy road route and have had some brilliant rides to places I've ridden straight past before while using it. I can't see a Ducati app ever replicating that.

https://youtu.be/-acJgdf4JJk

Hi

For me on long tours (like 14 countries) yes proper sat nav integration is pretty essential. The Ducati system is really Bosch "MySpin" and its their app. Sygic is a basic nav designed for car use and carried across.
Its early days so yes other apps with functionality like Myrouteapp may well become available.
After this test I actually went on to buy a GSA, which ticked more boxes for me.
The V4 is an extremely capable motorcycle. Why suspension settings are connected to riding modes beats me though...

Hi

I did check this out after a comment on the video.
The desktop browser version does indeed permit waypoints, I put in 6 across the UK and it responded with "no route available"
You cannot drag the route as in Google Maps, just pick recommended or one or two alternatives.
Lets face it the nav app is basic, fine for the automotive market but not adequate for motorcycle route planning.
I cannot see how a GPS unit could be mounted inside the screen for line of view.

Andy (BBB)
I think you can put in up to 26 points . So you could do a split day , out return . Like I say it’s in the planning stage for me so until I put it in the bike to try it will be interesting. I still wonder if it will run like a sat nav or a GPS unit , meaning will it re route you if you go off track etc , the Garmin GPS does not as you can set it , this new system so far as I see you can’t do this .
As you say the Garnin for me is great as when away I plan all my routes point to point , day by day .
But could just mount the Garmin if the bike warrants the change . The Route app on the pc is good now that google is not available on the base camp , well it is but is a pain to save then view , route app is instant and you can via a system send these route to the Sygic app , still working on that but still need to get the bike and an android phone .

They seem like a good bunch of guys to me, watch their other videos

Have you ever heard of Tobinators ?

I have on both counts , luckily the Tobinators deflect the shit they spout lol .. I met a grouplike this in the Voges ,they were similar , friendly but...............................................

Back
Top Bottom