iPhone map apps

I’ve done loaded calimoto to my iPad and phone and seems promising, going to have a look at putting it my Mac. Going to search adv and have a look at that thread. Thanks

I’ve done loaded calimoto to my iPad and phone and seems promising, going to have a look at putting it my Mac. Going to search adv and have a look at that thread. Thanks

its just a web browser on the mac ;)

To use it on your mac just click on the link I posted https://calimoto.com/en

Also just to avoid confusion the big AdvRider thread is for scenic (started by the guy who created the app Guido) not sure if there is one for Calimoto TBH

Between the two I have been using Calimoto more

May I ask why you want to create your routes on a Mac? I use Pocket Earth on an iPad Air 4 to create routes and then Airdrop them to an iPhone 6S. If you have iOS 14 you can use a bt mouse to make the “rubber banding” etc even easier

£4.99 gets you topographic contours and the unique compression easily installs large country mapping data. If you want to ride offroad just use the walking mode on the myriad displayed trails and paths (unless you are fecking fast on your feet however the timings maybe a bit out!)

May I ask why you want to create your routes on a Mac? I use Pocket Earth on an iPad Air 4 to create routes and then Airdrop them to an iPhone 6S. If you have iOS 14 you can use a bt mouse to make the “rubber banding” etc even easier

£4.99 gets you topographic contours and the unique compression easily installs large country mapping data. If you want to ride offroad just use the walking mode on the myriad displayed trails and paths (unless you are fecking fast on your feet however the timings maybe a bit out!)

I think it’s because it’s something I’ve always done, I’m one of those who gets on with basecamp and the ability to drag the route to the road you want without constantly added waypoints just shaping points gives me the opportunity to make finite adjustments. I will look at pocket earth now

I’ve not done this because I have Basecamp on my MacBook and a Nav VI, so for now I’ve got lifetime maps but I thought you could use open streetmap as your source of up to date maps in Basecamp, plot the route in Basecamp and send it to your phone by airdrop.
Sorry for the long sentence. I’ll try and find more about this and post a link.

Open Street Maps (OSM)
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...ead.php?t=421904&share_type=t&link_source=app

I think it’s because it’s something I’ve always done, I’m one of those who gets on with basecamp and the ability to drag the route to the road you want without constantly added waypoints just shaping points gives me the opportunity to make finite adjustments. I will look at pocket earth now

That is exactly what Pocket Earth allows you to do ...

Back
Top Bottom