Insurance companies!

Big Si

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Specifically Bennetts!:rolleyes::blast

I have 5 months to run on an existing policy and wanted to add another 2 wheeled acquisition to that policy. I pay monthly DD.

Instead of supplying me with 5 months cover at say £25/month so the 2 policies can run concurrently, they try to shoehorn 12 months cover into that 5 month timeframe making my monthly payment 5 times bigger with both bikes.! :blast It's not the money, just the short sightedness. You try and be loyal ( I find Bennett's cover good value for money in my case), and its easier to have 1 policy covering both bikes but FFS, why do they have to make it so bloody complicated?? (and therefore more expensive!?)

In the end, I just took out a separate policy............life's too short.

I'm sure Wapping will be along shortly to share his perspective on insurance...

I had the same issue with Bennett’s ended up with a different policy the two combined being cheaper then a multi bike.

Get the impression their bank of insurers don’t like multi bike policies

I've just left Bennett's after about 4 years with them. My renewal came through so I done some online comparisons and found that I could get insurance with the same company that Bennett's were using, but for less than hald the price that they were charging.

I've just left Bennett's after about 4 years with them. My renewal came through so I done some online comparisons and found that I could get insurance with the same company that Bennett's were using, but for less than hald the price that they were charging.

Me too, Bennett's let me down big time this year. Mind you I've just been bit in the bum by Swinton, first payment for policy didn't go through, had given all my details ready for the start, plenty of funds in the bank, but they say that I had rejected the payment. £30 fee added. Can't be their fault for not setting things up correctly. No wonder they were cheaper if they recoup their money by false charges that it would take too long and end up costing more in the long run to prove them in the wrong.

Bennetts were excellent with me when I went from one bike to two, cancelling one policy with an almost full refund and starting the new one so I could effectively have NCB running on both bikes by having them on the same policy. It may not have been as cheap as I could have got it for but it and they did exactly what I wanted.

Always found Bennett’s to be quite supportive and customer focussed

Back
Top Bottom