Non GS related, chrome plating?

Dermot.B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys, doing a bit of refurbishment on an 94 Suzuki 800 intruder and looking to get some corrosion damaged chrome repaired. Does anyone know of a plating shop in or around Dublin?

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

About 10 years ago I restored an old bike and needed to get a variety of parts chromed, the advice I got from vintage guys back then was that the best most reliable chromers were in UK.

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of, I don't want to get involved with all this Brexit exporting and importing crap.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Moulding

If there's a moulding tool repair workshop close you could ask them. I've worked in a couple of them over the years and there was some plating done, better still if you know somebody working there they may be able to look after it on the cheap.
Bf

Give either of these a bell ??

Just a Google search......sorry if you've already tried them.
91851d88426c48faa9f2515c36ee1486.jpg

S20 5G sent this......

About 10 years ago I restored an old bike and needed to get a variety of parts chromed, the advice I got from vintage guys back then was that the best most reliable chromers were in UK.
Southern Raceing Motorcycles in Middleton. He has an engineering shop as well. He probably knows the best and nearest. JJH

Will be very interesting to see how you get on, like you I wouldn't fancy sending stuff over the water with all the complications of brexit . Hopefully local places have upped their game with new technology etc . Even though I did get a good chromer in UK it wasn't so straightforward when they said they didn't have my box of hens teeth, this despute a signature for delivery Eventually, and only after I started down road of enquiring as to which was their nearest police station for my report of theft did they manage to find said hens teeth "behind a door". So, there's a lot of advantages in having someone you can have a face to face with if something goes wrong

Give either of these a bell ??

Just a Google search......sorry if you've already tried them.
91851d88426c48faa9f2515c36ee1486.jpg

S20 5G sent this......
Thanks, yes tried both, one is a UK phone number and the other didn't reply to a mail and the number is not active.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom