Forma Air3 HDry

leadfarmer

He / Him / That Fucker
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France
Just ordered a pair of these to replace my Alpinestars for touring, wherever I go tends to be hot :)

Already got some Forma Legacy “urban” style boots which I’m very pleased with so hopefully these will be good too

Waterproof, light and breathable but decent protection and I think they look quite good too

Attachments

• 8A5BA6C6-DB9B-45B4-9B6B-FC2E524E58FF.jpeg
    8A5BA6C6-DB9B-45B4-9B6B-FC2E524E58FF.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 264
Textile and Cordura construction I have read, but seem to have extra protection in areas likely to be abraded in an off. Have they got any CE certification?

Textile and Cordura construction I have read, but seem to have extra protection in areas likely to be abraded in an off. Have they got any CE certification?

Yes, like a lot of boots these days they are made from microfiber instead of leather, which is supposed to be more abrasion resistant than real leather

They are EU rated as motorcycle PPE with norm EN 13634:2015 level 2 for abrasion resistance, which is the highest level

They will surely protect less than an “adventure” boot but I ride predominantly in hot climates so these looked like a good choice

So these are summer boots but being bought in mid winter, now that's fwd planning. Looking at the pics, what i took to be air-holes clearly aren't since the boots are described as waterproof. I guess the 'air-holes' are actually only in the reinforcement areas and are there merely to increase the contact area between the HDry membrane and the surroundings to up the breathability a bit more. Rumour has it that the 'lasts' Italian boot manufacturers use are narrower than the Anglo Saxon ones, but you've already got the Urban version of the boot so I guess boot width is not a prob for you. Hmmm, tempting........!

So these are summer boots but being bought in mid winter, now that's fwd planning. Looking at the pics, what i took to be air-holes clearly aren't since the boots are described as waterproof. I guess the 'air-holes' are actually only in the reinforcement areas and are there merely to increase the contact area between the HDry membrane and the surroundings to up the breathability a bit more. Rumour has it that the 'lasts' Italian boot manufacturers use are narrower than the Anglo Saxon ones, but you've already got the Urban version of the boot so I guess boot width is not a prob for you. Hmmm, tempting........!

Not necessarily true.
I had the Forma adventure boots and they were quite wide.
I replaced them with TCX boots and they are much narrower and a better fit for me.Both Italian brands,as far as I know.

Yeah, they’re not actually ventilated like a mesh jacket, they are made with heavy duty Cordura, which is apparently very breathable, the Outdry membrane is laminated to the inside of the boot

Anyway they arrived at lunch time, quality is very good and they fit perfectly, I actually have quite wide feet, they zip up nice and snug around the ankle and are comfortable to walk in

Hopefully they’ll perform well on the bike and keep my feet cool, I also think they look good

Here’s a video of how they are made at the factory in Romania

Back
Top Bottom