Is it worth a couple of days?

Tuckshop

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thinking of spending a couple of days in the area around Waterloo and wondered if anyone had any insight as to the worth of spending the time to visit various sites around here.
Or is it only worth a few hours?

It all depends on how keen you are.

Waterloo is, to all intents and purposes, now all but a suburb of Brussels. The underground museum is good and worth a decent visit. I’d reserve a very relaxed day / long’ish morning depending on how long you want to take. If you have been to the Battle of the Bulge museum and Mardasson memorial, it’s a bit similar to that ie spend a very relaxed day or a few hours.

Would anyone go to Waterloo as a stand alone ‘must do’ destination, if it weren’t for the battle? Not unless their mum lived there.

yea, done the B of the B museum and Mardassen and a few other related sites although I have many left to see in that area.

I was toying with the idea of having a look at the Antwerp Forts ........................ https://www.fortengordels.be/forten .........................

So I wondered if it was worth including Waterloo in the visit.

Glad you got in first Wapping, I was going to offer up the pub in Roupell Street was worth a visit. :D

Glad you got in first Wapping, I was going to offer up the pub in Roupell Street was worth a visit. :D

Hahahaha.

5ffdfe143e53e53487958938f0192517.jpg

5f2b1891bdae89ef9632e842c65bb6c5.jpg

There’s some battle damage near there, too...

Back
Top Bottom