Overall advice- one that doesn't split the crack of my....

Sweaty Sock

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My old boiler suit/overall has given up the ghost, it was a "SAS" brand (not armed forces) and had the benefit of not cutting me in two up my crotch :eek: when I bent over- like a lot of blokes I have a long body, and have put on a few pounds over lockdown ;)
Lots of the usual suspects from Dickies etc are really uncomfortable unless you are only stood standing up...:rolleyes:
Suggestions on a postcard please....

Snap-on , come in various sizes , contact your local man . not cheap £65 ish . i have 3 pairs , elastic cuffs , mesh shoulders cotton , cool wash , i wear them in rotation , i have cut the pockets on the rhs leg off , cos they catch on things.

just like waterproof overgarments, gentlemen of ample proportions should get a 2 piece suit to prevent embarrassment or discomfort...

just like waterproof overgarments, gentlemen of ample proportions should get a 2 piece suit to prevent embarrassment or discomfort...

either that or just loose weight ?

I’ve had overalls made by most manufacturers over the years and if I had to pick a favourite for both overall quality and fit I’d go for Wenaas.

The suggestion of a 2 piece set isn’t such a bad idea, I’ve got a jacket and trouser set for use at home which means I can be kneeling on the floor working on a bike or car and not get dirty but reduce the chances of being too hot by taking the top half off. If self respect isn’t an issue buy a bib and brace set :D

I’ve had overalls made by most manufacturers over the years and if I had to pick a favourite for both overall quality and fit I’d go for Wenaas.

The suggestion of a 2 piece set isn’t such a bad idea, I’ve got a jacket and trouser set for use at home which means I can be kneeling on the floor working on a bike or car and not get dirty but reduce the chances of being too hot by taking the top half off. If self respect isn’t an issue buy a bib and brace set :D

In both the chemical plants I worked at we went for jkt and trousers. One advantage was the jkts tended to get dirty first ( caught on hoses/ brushing against drums) so you could launder and swap out easily. Also as Andy says above as it warms up you can remove the jkt.

Back
Top Bottom