After 20K miles on the 1250 GS & 1250GS ADV - A honest review

Either Pig Shit or Pure Shite ! Punctuated Sentences would be a worthwhile PS!

Not wanting to get in too deep in this...... but are you mixing MPH with KPH and most people who tour take pictures so where are they?

I think I’ve found Boxerlust the perfect bike.
I know how much he loves Africa Twins, and he likes a bike with a good range,so how about this ?:blagblah:aidan

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?height=322&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPapamilibawuga%2Fvideos%2F1522937367910328%2F&show_text=false&width=560" width="560" height="322" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

I hope BMW is reading this because this is real consumer feedback from a guy that actually RIDES and has bought 19 new BOXERS so far :thumb2

I couldn't give a monkeys how many bikes you've bought, I also "ACTUALLY" ride, any feedback from a consumer is real and valid no matter how many bikes they've owned.

Not a niche market at all otherwise we would all plot around on boring 100 hp Africa Twins and KTM or Ducati or BMW would offer 160-170 hp adventure bikes that are today what used to be called sports-tourers...

I didn't say niche market, I said niche riders.

Also I don't like aftermarket stuff like panniers because they are not as good as the BMW stuff and need an extra key...:(
But it is stupid to route the pipe that 1/3 of the inside space is lost.No need to make the bags bigger or wider just put the pipe under the seat.

You simply cannot state they are not as good, any more than I can state they aren't. I think a lot of people would have a differing opinion to you.

People are reacting to you the way they are because you come across like someone who think he's the ultimate bike rider and in my opinion quote arrogant, shooting people down with opinions that you try to pass off as fact.

The simple fact of the matter is, the masses aren't crying out for the bike you seem to think BMW should design. So why would they?

What’s PS ?

Here’s some more lies for you to digest

1010742f4f38086de005f54b2498929b.png

4de9b2cdff9f2333efe730aa50bde4dc.png

69814f9935136284063070c3d42a1fc7.png

Thanks for sharing the article Arsey :thumbup:
The Multi has always struck me as a superb bike if only riding solo and on tarmac. It is a fantastic ‘fast road’ machine. I only chose the GS as I do ride/tour 2-up, occasionally offroad, and for that mix I think the BMW offers more with more options for customisation. The Ducati’s poor fuel economy, chain, and inferior pillion comfort counts against it for touring purposes. Imho.

Rushy the ticket for going 127 cost me 25 bucks...Limit was 80.I told him I thought it was milas and I was still 1 mile under the limit...;)

Must remember that one if I'm stopped by the Guardia Civil.

Erm, on second thoughts....
:D

It certainly looks as though the OP has his miles to KM around the wrong way.
In my experience of Mexican roads 150mph sounds a bit optimistic.

Does the guy actually ride a bike?

Yes it is the Guardia Civil in white Dodge Challengers with the 6.4 L 485 hp V-8... Can't outrun them on a GS...As for 150 mph on mexican roads...No problem my buddies GPS showed 155 on his S1000XR ! But still not fast enough for the GS as I caught him later on 50 miles of twisties :D
As for the comparison S1000XR vs Multistrada V4 ; It is in PS sport motorrad magazin...It's good that Ducati brought the new MS but as you can see the new 2021 EU-5 1290SADV brought nothing new to the table except for even uglier looks and a can than belongs on a Peterbilt...;)
Don't get me wrong I love my 1250GS-HP but nothing is so good that it can't be improved on...
- 2 Full-Size bags
- 24/25 L tank
- real key for steering and tank cap
- 150 / 170 hp and a frame that can take advantage of it
- while I'm at it a stiffer real sports-suspension because even set on max on Dynamic Pro the thing gets soft as a 60 year
olds dick...;)
B.t.w. Arsey I saw the 1260 V2 as also V4 Dyno curves compared in Motorrad;The V2 had more Torque that came on earlier and 0-125 it was half a second faster. than the new one...That is quiet a few bike length.It also sounded like a V twin and not likew my wifes fruit juicer...:D And yes in roll-on the new V4 is faster due to the shorter gearing that probably makes it so thirsty...Desmo valves + cam belt gone is definitely a plu$$$ though when it comes to maintenance bill$$$ !

Jackanory......for those of you of a certain age.

I hope BMW is reading this because this is real consumer feedback from a guy that actually RIDES and has bought 19 new BOXERS so far :thumb2 Not a niche market at all otherwise we would all plot around on boring 100 hp Africa Twins and KTM or Ducati or BMW would offer 160-170 hp adventure bikes that are today what used to be called sports-tourers...O.K. if you really go overlanding on a once a lifetime trip a Afrika Twin with 100 hp and 21 inch front-wheel is all you need but these GS bikes , be it the origional from BMW or KTMs and Ducatis versions will see 99% tarmac and maybe the ocasional unpaved road that could be ridden by any streetbike.People buy these bikes because they are practical and except for straights as fast or faster than any sportbike.
If you want to go fast mileage can drop to 20 mpg.If not you can double that number.You do the math.A 20 liter tank is too small.The 30 liter ADV tank makes the bike big,too big for some and still too small for some people riding in real remote areas.
Also I don't like aftermarket stuff like panniers because they are not as good as the BMW stuff and need an extra key...:(
But it is stupid to route the pipe that 1/3 of the inside space is lost.No need to make the bags bigger or wider just put the pipe under the seat.Same with the Keyless that can give you problems when you don't need it but comes as part of a package...All easy fixes for the next gen GS or Boxer XR if they decide to make the best XR / best street bike they possibly can. The current GS was designed 2012 which is almost 10 years ago.As good and modern as it is it is time to move on.The 1250 motor is awesome.Perfect fuelling and very strong/rideable as in TORQUEY from 2000-8000 rpm.What is missing is a kick on top or an exiting top-end like the XR has to make it the perfect POWER-plant !
Of course with this it also needs a more rigid frame as the current one can flex like an old /5 when you really put forces on it cornering hard or going above 120 mph with bags or missus with the sticky tires available today like CTA3 & PST2 that where not available when the R1200GS-LC came out...Don't get me wrong I still rather be on a 1250GS than a KTM or Ducati but time moves on and as a rider you get better every season,more jaded and want more to satisfy your urges as also to give the reason to spend more of your hard-earned to keep the industry going...We are not getting younger and fresh blood is not pouring in like in the days we got into this wonderful sport that is a life long addiction that can't be cured...

Who is this twat?

I can only imagine what a 1250GS is like, must be awesome.

I once went over a humpback bridge on my 1150GSA and hit it so hard it landed in a different time zone. Thankfully I had my panniers on or it might not have landed at all. I was disappointed that the Garmin zumo didn’t recognise the time zone change I was an hour late home so my dinner was in the dog!

Back
Top Bottom