Ive done it again

Adventure Boy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After owning about 12 1150/1200 GSs over the last 20 years Ive had a R1200RS Sport SE for the last 7 months and said it was better than any GS ive owned but today in a fit of madness I bought a new 2021 model 1250GS Rallye TE
the bike is fully loaded with all the packs, heated seats, adaptive headlight fogs Akrapovic, panniers, top box inner bgs, multi function indicators gold rims, SOS, tracker and alarm that was just under £22,000 so I sincerely hope its a good bike !!
Its being delivered Saturday and im looking forward to getting it, hope its not raining or snowing Sunday !! :thumb

Ill post a piccie or 2 when it arrives
Rob

You'll like the GS much better than the RS...1250 engine & TELELEVER :thumby:

After owning about 12 1150/1200 GSs over the last 20 years Ive had a R1200RS Sport SE for the last 7 months and said it was better than any GS ive owned but today in a fit of madness I bought a new 2021 model 1250GS Rallye TE
the bike is fully loaded with all the packs, heated seats, adaptive headlight fogs Akrapovic, panniers, top box inner bgs, multi function indicators gold rims, SOS, tracker and alarm that was just under £22,000 so I sincerely hope its a good bike !!
Its being delivered Saturday and im looking forward to getting it, hope its not raining or snowing Sunday !! :thumb

Rob

Will it be a 2021 plate? I didn’t think the numbers were available until the 15th Feb?

Arsey you are right mate I shit myself when they said how much it would be with all the bits,

Joe its a 2021 model with the new paint scheme pre registered so is on a 70 plate so it will be new for about 2 and a half weeks till the 21 plate comes out on the 1st of march
I wanted to order one with this exact spec but was delighted that I didnt have to wait the 12 week wait so thought id suffer the 70 plate

I got a massive discount on the panniers, top box engine bars and pannier bags a whole 12% woohoo I felt blessed LOL

Arsey you are right mate I shit myself when they said how much it would be with all the bits,

Joe its a 2021 model with the new paint scheme pre registered so is on a 70 plate so it will be new for about 2 and a half weeks till the 21 plate comes out on the 1st of march
I wanted to order one with this exact spec but was delighted that I didnt have to wait the 12 week wait so thought id suffer the 70 plate

I got a massive discount on the panniers, top box engine bars and pannier bags a whole 12% woohoo I felt blessed LOL

Congratulations.

I ordered a GSA TE TB. I’d forgotten the cost of farkles. Just been ‘advised’ I buying a set of panniers too ( one week after buying fluffmeisters set of Kriega)

Cheers Joe the panniers top box and plate was £1075 after discount
I really wanted the metal ones but they were a fair bit more, im sure ill regret it especially after spending that much on the bike, whats another £500 !!

Crikey. I squirmed at paying £17.5k for a Triple Black with heated seat and auxiliary lights.

You’ve gone in balls deep though. Love it!

'Heated seats' - Is that new to BMW, I know that Goldwings have had them a while ??...:nenau

The price of new motorbikes is something that I haven't really kept up with. From memory, I paid £9,600 for a new R1200GS with panniers in 2006, £22K now seems like quite a jump - though I fully accept that the spec' is in a different league.

Whatever, enjoy your new bike AB and please let us know what heated seats on a motorbike are like?...:thumb2

'Heated seats' - Is that new to BMW, I know that Goldwings have had them a while ??...:nenau

The price of new motorbikes is something that I haven't really kept up with. From memory, I paid £9,600 for a new R1200GS with panniers in 2006, £22K now seems like quite a jump - though I fully accept that the spec' is in a different league.

Whatever, enjoy your new bike AB and please let us know what heated seats on a motorbike are like?...:thumb2

My Girlfriend loves the heated seat.

Congrats.
But £ 22k FFS. The world has gone fucking mad.
Congrats but this. And also is it pre-reg?!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Rob

Sounds a lovely bike - congratulations

I took one of the last TE’s from BMW stock at short notice in October and am pleased I did.

I’ve not seen the new colour scheme in the flesh but the pics look nice.

Seems to be the going rate now for a top spec bike & I’m seriously considering a Ducati Streetfighter V4S as a stable mate which is up there too..

We’re a long time dead!

Congrats Rob I'm sure it will be a great bike.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Nice one - I am sure you will love it! I have put a deposit down on a 2021 bike too. It will replace my current GS1250 that has been a belter for 3 years.

Sounds great but £22k... :eek::D

I'd be happy with a Rallye and heated grips.

I always like catching up with the OP's posts, they're little mystery envelopes to open to see what's going on.

How many bikes and cars do you reckon you've owned? :)

Regards from Sunny Romford :thumb

I echo the above. Great bike but £22k is just madness. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom