Does anyone have one of these fitted to there 1250GS ?

Adventure Boy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
love the look of these headlight guards but not sure if they fit the 1250 ??

Attachments

• s-l1600 (11).jpg
    s-l1600 (11).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,049
Someone else on here has them on his 1250 Exclusive. I know because I messaged him about them. He got his from BMW direct but also gave me a link for a cheaper ebay item if you'd prefer to try that one. I can dig it out if you like?

Yes it fits pal i have one, like you i love the look of them....only downside is that its a ballache to fit, you have to get to the fixings under the front led to mount the bottom straps.
Other than that its great

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Yes it fits pal i have one, like you i love the look of them....only downside is that its a ballache to fit, you have to get to the fixings under the front led to mount the bottom straps.

Cheers mate did you buy the BMW one or the copy ?

Rob

Great thanks as soon as I get the link ill order one hopefully the fitment will be the same for the 2021 model with adaptivre headlight !!

Rob

Great thanks as soon as I get the link ill order one hopefully the fitment will be the same for the 2021 model with adaptivre headlight !!

Rob
Thats a good point Rob...that i couldn't confirm for you.
Buy the cheap one if it doesn't fit just sell it to one of us tossers

Yes it fits pal i have one, like you i love the look of them....only downside is that its a ball-ache to fit, you have to get to the fixings under the front led to mount the bottom straps.

Quite a bit of stripping down front end to fit

I got the BM one, and yes it is a fiddly job as BMW in their infinite wisdom (cost cutting) have the bottom spigots held in with a push type washer (as holding TFT in type) which then need the bushes compressing to return after the extra thickness of the bottom holder are added, needed 3 hands and a lot of swearing

Easy to get the screen off and clean , just 4 pull off / pop back in spigots. I think it looks good.

Has the added benefit of keeping between the headlamp and inner panels free of flies and cuts the draught through there, probably smooths out the front airflow

Attachments

• 1113.jpg
    1113.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 950
  • 1114.jpg
    1114.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 952
  • 1115.jpg
    1115.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 955
  • 1116.jpg
    1116.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 961
  • 1117.jpg
    1117.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 963
Got a great deal on it from Williams in Manchester
I know people have been fine with Chinese copies but I've had 2 purchases that didn't work as they should have.

Attachments

• 1118.jpg
    1118.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 949
Got a great deal on it from Williams in Manchester
I know people have been fine with Chinese copies but I've had 2 purchases that didn't work as they should have.

Is that picture on the road from botom of bala going towards Trawsfynydd??

Is that picture on the road from botom of bala going towards Trawsfynydd??

Yes....the road from just before Llanuwchllyn, A494 to A470 Bronaber

Nice road, lots of gates

Loads of nice single track roads around there, especially the one going to Vrynwy

Yes....the road from just before Llanuwchllyn, A494 to A470 Bronaber

Nice road, lots of gates

Loads of nice single track roads around there, especially the one going to Vrynwy

I know my gates i do :thumby:

Yeh your right spoilt for choice round there, and there never busy...made for gs's ;)

Be a shame to strip down the front of your bike only to find that it won't fit with the new 'swivelling headlights', especially as the guard is not shown as an accessory in the new extensive configurator on the Motorrad web-page

Best bet is to contact your dealer and ask for their advice

Mike

Back
Top Bottom