Bar risers with a tank bag

Steve B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my 1150, which has bar risers, when turning on full lock the bars hit the tank bag. Nearly lost it a couple of times due to be unable to turn the wheels on full lock. Can anyone recommend a tank bag that allows a bike with bar risers a full lock? Would prefer a fixed tank bag rather than magnetic one.

Cheers

I wonder sometimes at the posts, In 30 plus years of riding and 10 years of current ownership, I dont think I have ever ridden a bike at full lock, pushed it round the garden but other than that never, every bike I own the bars foul the tank bag at full lock, be that the TT one on the 1100 or the endurestan ones on 640 or 990 adv, when pushing the bike around its never been a problem, I would be interested to know how often you ride with full lock on the bars, and WHY? I tell a lie we were required to do full lock turns in the road on my bike course but other than that never needed to.

However for advice, I have the TT VP45 tankbag and pannier, with a set of risers and ricky bars, that wont sort your problem as the bars touch the bag on full lock, I have a Enduristan sandstorm 4E I use on the 990 but occasionally put on the 1100 that wont sort your problem either, I have a Enduristan 4s I use on the 640 and that will still just about touch at full lock.

Me I just put up with it and use the tank bag I want in full knowledge that I just have to be careful on full lock something I do so seldom its not really an issue.

However I am only just up the road in Gloucester just off J12 if you want to come and try them you are welcome.

I was using the SW Motech Evo bag on my 1150. It's only big enough to get a few odds and sods in, but that's actually all I need or want there. It allowed the bars to go full lock - which, I incidentally, I have to do every time I leave and return to my place. Not to mention the flight of stairs I also have to negotiate!

It does touch the bars, but I'm no way restricts it. You'll want to get a protector on the horn button (I think Wunderlich does one - one of the few reasonably priced things they have!).

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I wonder sometimes at the posts, In 30 plus years of riding and 10 years of current ownership, I dont think I have ever ridden a bike at full lock, pushed it round the garden but other than that never, every bike I own the bars foul the tank bag at full lock, be that the TT one on the 1100 or the endurestan ones on 640 or 990 adv, when pushing the bike around its never been a problem, I would be interested to know how often you ride with full lock on the bars, and WHY? I tell a lie we were required to do full lock turns in the road on my bike course but other than that never needed to.

Totally depends on how you ride, where you ride, the restrictions on where you park (at home and at destinations).

I don't use full lock often, but on occasion it's very useful to know how to use it and to know that it's a valid part of the repertoire. U-turns are most often the cause, or trying to get into small parking areas (such as in some multi-story car parks, or narrow roads).

Back
Top Bottom