File management in iPad

If you go under your Amazon account and manage your device:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/mycd

You will be able to download your PDFs (not the books or other stuff bought via Amazon).
It is a bit fiddly to use, maybe if you move them into a collection first, it will be easier to select them all at once later on from the web interface.

I just tried and I can download the books and PDFs that I manually added to my Kindle.

kindledl.png

See if it works for you, not 100% sure as you are using the "print to kindle" function.
I used to send digests and copies of longer online articles I wanted to read on my Kindle via Instapaper, and those are not downloadable weirdly.
OK, that's making sense. I can see all my pdfs (documents). I'll have a play and see if I can download them and transfer to Evernote. Maybe keep Kindle app just for Amazon purchases.

Appreciate the help.:thumb

Let us know how it goes!

OK, that works in principle. Amazon sends me an email with a download link for each individual file, and I can now get the pdfs onto my laptop, save them and then do with them as I wish.

Unfortunately, since there is no way to batch them, it's a balls-aching task to do for a few hundred files and not really practicable.

Thanks for your help with this, I learned some stuff along the way, but I think it's one of those things that simply can't really be done.:thumb

Are the iPad friendly app’s such as, PDF Expert, PDF to image and PDF converver any use? I use all three but there again I don’t ponce about in Kindle or it’s apps.

Are the iPad friendly app’s such as, PDF Expert, PDF to image and PDF converver any use? I use all three but there again I don’t ponce about in Kindle or it’s apps.
A good thought, but the problem is wresting the pdfs off the Kindle app. Using er-minio's technique I can get them off the Kindle app and open them with other readers (Foxit being my current favorite).

Problem is the process is a balls-ache for more than a handful of files.

I have no idea what you're all talking about.

BUT...........Notability - a pay for app that is brilliant with a caps B.

Everyone should at least try it. It's been improved as time has gone by. Was recommended to me by a mate and I haven't looked back. Ace. For what I do.

I have no idea what you're all talking about.

BUT...........Notability - a pay for app that is brilliant with a caps B.

Everyone should at least try it. It's been improved as time has gone by. Was recommended to me by a mate and I haven't looked back. Ace. For what I do.
Looks very clever, like a free-form version of Evernote.

But it's not relevant to this problem.

Back
Top Bottom