Smallblock owners,some questions.

alphadog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hi guys, had this v65 delivered by lee [as recommended by you ] bike was delivered last monday in the worst weather ever , big thumbs up to lee who travelled the 150 miles in the terrible conditions.
i have been looking for a cheap 1000cc but after about three months gave up , everytime on facebook marketplace i was just to late, so decided to go for my second choice.

so initially i bough the bike to chop it a little and turn it into a sort of scrambler style bike, however after spending a week in the garage with it have decided its just to good to abuse. i really like the fact that its so small light and puts out more power than the v7 models of the last ten years , its an 85 model.
i am now in the process of "de-chroming" it, black rack, pipes, and bars.
i know these models have a problem with valves breaking but really want to ride it for a summer so going to chance it befoer starting to strip it, its only done 28000 KM , so feel quietly confident !

it has dyna ignition and mikuni carbs fitted and the previous owner is sending over the rolling road readout where the bike was set up, so it looks a good one.
my biggest worry at the moment is tyre choice and can i fit tubless, i was a bit shocked it was fitted with tubes and a little research shows that you cannot run tubless as the rim is to skinny and a strange shape inside, is there a way around this and what tyres to fit on a skinny wheel ? pix coming

pix of the bike v65

newly aquired guzzi. pix didnt upload first try.

Attachments

• deliver guzzi.jpg
    deliver guzzi.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 184
  • aaaaa moto.jpg
    aaaaa moto.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 20210208_094551_1612797685219_resized.jpg
    20210208_094551_1612797685219_resized.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 190
I am pretty sure I saw the original ad for that bike. In better daylight, those gold decals on the red tank look brilliant.

I’d leave it as standard, I think it looks good.

Back
Top Bottom