Anyone fitted a Denali sound bomb split to there 1250GS ??

Adventure Boy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If you have any chance of posting some pics of the location of both parts
did you buy the cable adaptors of just connect to the original hooter cables ?
did you find a fitting kit ?
ive got the hooter, relay etc from my RS just wondering what way others did

Rob

I took the sound bomb and all associated loom, relay etc off my 1200 and fitted it to my 1250. Really easy to install, stuck the relay under the rear seat and ran the shorter cables to the battery and the longer ones under the tank to the front where the SB was fitted. You’ll need the BMW conversion cable which just uses the original horn connections (IIRC)...

I sent my split back and fitted the one piece unit instead, using the NN bracket - much much easier.

I’m looking at getting this addition, and I’m a complete Novice, Do you need to use the extra loom??? Is it not just unplug the OEM horn and use the Denali new plug?

I just bought the compact (one piece ) for my 1250 and it’s a plug n play on the controller thingy so the original horn stays in play and active ( unless you swap it for a mini).

Not a direct answer to the original question: I fitted a compact sound bomb single horn and took the trigger for a relay from the original horn which I retained in place. The Denali compact on it’s own sounds a bit bread van like, in its loud but low tone. Combined with the original, the result is a strident two tone note which is very loud. Very difficult to find a place to locate the horn that is secure, aesthetically pleasing and out of the way of the forks. I did look at utube and saw some bod fitting the cumbersome looking duo sound bomb between the forks: Denali supply an abrasion protector for the brake line which can rub on the horn.
Not a good solution in my opinion.
Alan R

Not a direct answer to the original question: I fitted a compact sound bomb single horn and took the trigger for a relay from the original horn which I retained in place. The Denali compact on it’s own sounds a bit bread van like, in its loud but low tone. Combined with the original, the result is a strident two tone note which is very loud. Very difficult to find a place to locate the horn that is secure, aesthetically pleasing and out of the way of the forks. I did look at utube and saw some bod fitting the cumbersome looking duo sound bomb between the forks: Denali supply an abrasion protector for the brake line which can rub on the horn.
Not a good solution in my opinion.
Alan R

Word of the day ‘Strident’. I’m going to wire mine like that to experience my new favourite word.

An alternative. Ten quid @ local scrappy, BMW 3 series horn. Way louder than the bee fart thing supplied.

Plugs straight in, and fits original fixing.

Somebody on here suggested it.

Steve Abel at A Bike Thing just fitted a split soundbomb to my low suspension 1250GSA together with D7s. If you want to PM your mobile I’ll video call you later to show where the horn is.

It's not a big thing, but Steve Abel also put up a vid that compares the split with the one-peice. To my ears, the split sounds slightly better. Not that this should really influence the decision.

Steve Abel at A Bike Thing just fitted a split soundbomb to my low suspension 1250GSA together with D7s. If you want to PM your mobile I’ll video call you later to show where the horn is.

Where did he mount the horn and the air blower?

Deleted

Last edited:
Where did he mount the horn and the air blower?

0afaf9c4c34692b78b10dd430f41f504.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^I was interested in particular how the split was fitted on a low-chassis GS.
I`ve got one to fit, and am looking for inspiration.
The horn will possibly go in the usual place between the forks, the air compressor i`m still thinking about.
It`s possible to mount it well away from the horn with the long length of hose without any delay in sound after hitting the horn button - i`ve tried it and the response is instant even when using the all the hose Denali supply.

**edit
Thanks Jeremy, we must have been typing at the same time..
Is that the compressor in the pic, and the horn is mounted in the usual place between the forks?

Back
Top Bottom