FC Moto bits post B.....

Britishbeefy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Don’t want to start the Brexit thing in this section but just wondered if anyone had purchased from FC Moto or similar in the past 6 weeks and had customs/VAT/additional fees issues? Looking for some boots.
Thanks.

I believe that prices on the FC Moto site are no longer inclusive of VAT which means you will pay VAT/duty when the item is delivered. XL Moto are advertising their prices with VAT included and they promise that you will not be subject to additional charges on delivery as their prices include VAT and presumably duty.

Thanks, good info 👍

I believe that prices on the FC Moto site are no longer inclusive of VAT which means you will pay VAT/duty when the item is delivered. XL Moto are advertising their prices with VAT included and they promise that you will not be subject to additional charges on delivery as their prices include VAT and presumably duty.

It’s a shame that it’s still so much cheaper to buy from an EU retailer than a U.K. dealer.

I’ve just bought 2 sets of new Klim gear and it’s around £1000 cheaper than buying in the U.K.

As soon as lockdown is over will probably nip over to buy some more toys.

I appreciate that its not FC MOTO but I contacted Louis.de two days ago about this matter ;
"Good Morning
How has BREXIT effected shipping your products to customers in the UK?
Are the British customs charging import duty on your shipments?
Best regards
Craig"

"Dear Mr Craig,
Thank you for your message.
We will take care of the customs fees for you. If you get a letter from customs after purchase, contact us immediately.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail or under the telephone number you find below. Thank you in advance.
Best regards
Valerij Metzger"
HTH

Fc-moto £750 for a badlands jacket. U.K. price is £1000-£1200

Buy two jackets two trousers, two pairs of gloves and it soon adds up.

Louis.de checkout page states:

Attachments

• 819E0578-94F3-4AF7-81CE-B8E3769D7981.jpg
    819E0578-94F3-4AF7-81CE-B8E3769D7981.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 192
Fc-moto £750 for a badlands jacket. U.K. price is £1000-£1200

Buy two jackets two trousers, two pairs of gloves and it soon adds up.

That's interesting as their current price is £800 for a Badlands jacket and that is without VAT. Once you throw in the VAT you are close to the UK price.

Back
Top Bottom