March the Month for Prostate Cancer

Fluffmeister

I think I'm a Guzzista now
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m doing this throughout March, hopefully not breaking protocol by posting my link here should anyone feel like they have any small change that they’d like to donate.

I was diagnosed myself last year, it luckily I am able to live with it and it not cause me to many issues, so I consider myself very lucky and have dodged a bullet.

Had a bad bout of Covid in January so I was thinking what better way to help with the covid recovery and raise cash for a very worthy cause.

https://marchthemonth.prostatecanceruk.org/fundraising/tony-law-is-marching-the-month-of-march-raisi

Cheers

Fluff.

Just an update folks, 11 days in to the challenge and going strong. I’m pretty sedentary during the day as I’m teaching remotely via Teams / Zoom, so I’m up at 5:30am each day and out getting the miles in.

So far I’ve raised £1010 for Prostate Cancer UK, so a massive thank you to the forum members that have sponsored me.

Step wise I should be 121,000 and I’m at over 202,000 and am averaging around a 7 mile walk in the early morning, and a 3 miler in the evening after work, dinner etc.

It’s nice to see those donations mentioning in memory of Mile P, and it’s all very real to me as I’m effected by the disease myself.

Anyway, I thought it would be good to post an update, and should anyone want to donate to support prostate cancer uk, then the link to my just giving page is in the first post.

20 days to go

Thanks again all

Good man. As someone currently repairing from a radical prostatectomy, (I've been incredibly lucky), I will certainly donate on your page as I do to others. And thank you!

Just an update for those that have been supporting me in the challenge, yesterday I broke 400,000 steps and am still out each morning by 6am and covering between 6 and 8 miles before getting back, showered and ready to work.

It's been amazing so far, as I've managed to raise £1330 so far for Prostate Cancer U.K. and it makes me feel good knowing I'm doing something to help those hit by the disease worse than myself.

If you are interested, you can see my progress here, donate if you feel the inclination :) I have not missed a day and am way beyond the 253,000 required steps. The reason for the 11,000 figure, is that's the number of us men that die from it every year, many of which could be saved if you get tested and get an early diagnosis. Get a PSA test when you next do bloods, the pokey bum fun comes after that, so don't assume you are O.K. I didn't know I had it, I just started going to the loo in the small hours, and as a result of the Mike P thread, and a friend, Chris Rhodes dying of it, I asked to have my PSA tested when I had my regular kidney function tests (I have a kidney issue), which discovered an elevation in my PSA that was dangerous, and after a prostate specific ultrasound was graded as level 5 on the subsequent MDT, and after a template biopsy found it was farily low in aggressiveness so Gleason 6 and a bullet dodged.

Thanks for reading my drivel

Get tested :)

https://marchthemonth.prostatecanceruk.org/fundraising/tony-law-is-marching-the-month-of-march-raisi

Just an update folks

Challenge completed in March the Month for Prostate Cancer UK. My 6AM walks each and every day yielded over 570,000 steps (341,000 required) I walked 313 miles in total throughout March, 275 miles on the 6AM daily walks.

In total, through the generous donations from people like Oldrat, Borderbob, Harry, Leyther and my facebook friends, we have raised £1620, which is beyond my wildest dreams, thank you so much.

It's not too late to donate however :) :) all that aside, I did it not just to raise cash for Prostate Cancer UK, but to raise awareness, do yourself, your friends, your family a favour and if you have the slightest suspicion, GET TESTED!

Thanks again all.

Just thought I'd drop a line in to say the final figures are in from Prostrate Cancer U.K.

Funds Raised £1,784,396

Steps logged 1,549,529,698

Number of "Marchers" 7188

Number of donations 86,364

A truly amazing result, and great to be doing my bit to support a worthy cause, thank you for the donations gent's.

Back
Top Bottom