New HD Pan America on HD site now.

A proper, informative review….:doris

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_0jAijFTxns" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Finally got to ride one eventually after four months of trying. The French dealers never seemed interested despite having made firm appointments, the bikes were never available. The Jersey bike was off the rod for 3 months waiting for parts to fix it.
I rode it soon after riding my crf Honda in Spain and then my Ultra Ltd to Jersey. It took a while to understand the complexity of the dash and choosing modes etc. Yes it has a brilliant engine but I honestly don't need 150 bhp in an adventure bike.
Reading of all the issues that people are having with numerous faults, I still reluctant to committ despite being offered an amazing deal.
Since ridden my old GS and like a pair of old slippers, the GS just seems so right. Maybe when the GS ever fails, I'll think again.

Finally got to ride one eventually after four months of trying. The French dealers never seemed interested despite having made firm appointments, the bikes were never available. The Jersey bike was off the rod for 3 months waiting for parts to fix it.
I rode it soon after riding my crf Honda in Spain and then my Ultra Ltd to Jersey. It took a while to understand the complexity of the dash and choosing modes etc. Yes it has a brilliant engine but I honestly don't need 150 bhp in an adventure bike.
Reading of all the issues that people are having with numerous faults, I still reluctant to committ despite being offered an amazing deal.
Since ridden my old GS and like a pair of old slippers, the GS just seems so right. Maybe when the GS ever fails, I'll think again.

Add in the piss poor Hd service and it’s a no brainier to avoid it like the plague.

Mine has been great so far. No issues at all. I guess on the internet you normally only hear of the issues though. For a completely new platform, it seems pretty well sorted - especially compared to Multistradas needing complete new engines and BMWs needing their brake callipers replaced.

All the EU bikes are assembled in Thailand by diligent hard working Thais as opposed to overpaid lazy Americans. So maybe there's something there - and most of the issues I have read about seem to be US origin.

You (and I) may not need 150 bhp in an adventure bike, but slap it into sports mode and it's a hell of a lot of fun. Not as refined as a BMW and more to the Ducati/KTM end of the scale.

As for piss poor HD service, that may depend on your dealer and your relationship with them (it shouldn't, I know....) as mine always make time for any issue I have with any of my 3 HDs. But there have been hardly any issues, and always taken care of quickly and free of charge. When I tried to buy a Triumph Bobber, I couldn't even manage to make eye contact with a salesman as I didn't have a beard. BMW staff don't even get up from their desks when I go to Vines, but in my local HD dealership they normally get me coffee and want to talk about bikes and riding them.

A proper, informative review….:doris

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_0jAijFTxns" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First one was a alight change from his all out, lets fuck it up style , so i persevered.

I was laughing out loud with the shit he was getting off the dealer,

Give him his due, he broke the fecker, and found out some minor flaws, & one major flaw, mind you the dealers comment at the end was priceless

My HD dealer is very good . Far better than the BMW dealer ever was .

I had one big row with my local H-D dealer a while ago about the attitude of one of his parts blokes.....since then in fairness, they have been very good, especially on the service side. Similarly, (and in the same town), I have always had great service from my local Motorrad dealer.

Three cheers for the good old red, white and blue…

Hey Uncle Sam, put your name at the top of his list
And the Statue of Liberty started shakin' her fist
And the eagle will fly man, it's gonna be hell
When you hear mother freedom start ringin' her bell
And it feels like the whole wide world is raining down on you
Brought to you courtesy of the red white and blue

Of Thailand. :D

Attachments

• 2852E280-90AD-434F-9715-FC09A657093D.png
    2852E280-90AD-434F-9715-FC09A657093D.png
    423 bytes · Views: 236
Three cheers for the good old red, white and blue…

Hey Uncle Sam, put your name at the top of his list
And the Statue of Liberty started shakin' her fist
And the eagle will fly man, it's gonna be hell
When you hear mother freedom start ringin' her bell
And it feels like the whole wide world is raining down on you
Brought to you courtesy of the red white and blue

Of Thailand. :D

Is your new avatar a picture of your engine out on the workbench for repair again ;)

Is your new avatar a picture of your engine out on the workbench for repair again ;)

It’s a celebration of an engine and bike built in the good ol US of A and not something farmed out to be thrown together in some sweatshop in the Far East.

Like your bike and others. :bounce1

It’s a celebration of an engine and bike built in the good ol US of A and not something farmed out to be thrown together in some sweatshop in the Far East.

Like your bike and others. :bounce1

You sure? Zap me your vin…..and let’s see which part of Mexico the major components started their life in…..:D

The original base gaskets looked like shredded Machaca before being shoved in a taco so I think I know the answer. :p

Back
Top Bottom