New HD Pan America on HD site now.

I believe its started to be referred to as the dirt glide

good looking from every angle except the front, and fuck that is an ugly front end, looks like a 1960 hoover !!!

They say you can't use Muc Off on it, but they recommend Shake 'n' vac

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4q8inM0gKVo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It looks as if the 1250 special will be the one to go for as it comes with heated grips, centre stand and other stuff. It does all add to the weight though. 21 litre tank giving a range of 265 miles - claimed.

It looks as if the 1250 special will be the one to go for as it comes with heated grips, centre stand and other stuff. It does all add to the weight though. 21 litre tank giving a range of 265 miles - claimed.

I must admit, I am curious (where's that number for Hitachi finance again??):D

Perhaps so, typically if you want even 1/2 the extra stuff that comes on a "Special, Premium", etc., you're better off paying the extra up front to buy that version. At this point other than centre stand, hand guards, and heated grips there's not much else I see on the special I'd really want so I'd probably go with a base model and add those three. Luggage and spoke wheels are optional either way. Surely the stock cast wheels will be tough enough for pot holes and dirt roads.

Spokes look cool and carry a £400 cool tax...

Luggage - I’ve had it all - tin boxes - varios - bin bags - etc

All costs £1k plus - and spends 90% of it’s time sat on a shelf - I have an £80 Ortlieb waterproof bag - fill it with all the kit you need and rock strap to the pillion - job done.

Said to be arriving in US dealers in May, but it looks like we shall have to wait until June in the UK.

Luggage - I’ve had it all - tin boxes - varios - bin bags - etc

All costs £1k plus - and spends 90% of it’s time sat on a shelf - I have an £80 Ortlieb waterproof bag - fill it with all the kit you need and rock strap to the pillion - job done.

Interesting, everyone has their system. On full size bikes I generally fit them with side cases keeping the cases no wider than the bars, and pretty much leave them locked on. Drybag carries my camping stuff and goes on the pillion only when required because I find gear stacked on the rear seat makes it more difficult getting my leg over. And tail trunks back on the rack behind the pillion seat carry weight exactly where I prefer it not be, high and way back.

Said to be arriving in US dealers in May, but it looks like we shall have to wait until June in the UK.

UK dealers will apparently have demo bikes in May and early customer order bikes in June. My dealer is getting me a quote today and I will almost certainly put a deposit down. Fully refundable in case the reviews don't pan out. I am looking at the "Special" version, with adaptive ride height, wire wheels, titanium pipe and high flow filter, side cases and aux lights.

Quite. I was wondering what that purpose that area just above the headlight serves other than accomadating screen on lowest position ? Ugly
Not needed myself but impressed with the seat lowering at standstill tech, Is this an industry first ?, might even catch on.

Edit. From the video it looks like another light ?

It is another light. It's the "adaptive" part of the lighting system with sideways firing LEDs that come on progressively as the bike leans over through a corner.

c5ebf247a4a8f43d67102cfbbf233773.png

ea23b5a18553753250776dd1c6ab37ad.png

More hp than a 1250 GS....less torque.

The thing is though.....I've noted from all the stuff written about this bike so far that the cams are "easy access" to enable swapping for more performance, and the cylinders are also easily removable(ish) to add displacement because "otherwise it wouldn't be a Harley".

Given HD's penchant for selling performance add ons, its not unrealistic to expect "Stage X" kits for these bikes in the very near future. And a 30-40% performance gain would not be unexpected going by their past efforts.

So maybe a 1400cc option with around 180HP and 120 ft lbs? That would be a whole lot of fun. Especially if that torque curve was fairly flat due to the VVT.

Back
Top Bottom