New HD Pan America on HD site now.

I love the amount of people worrying about it being a new model, after BMW have a perfect track record for pre sale testing. How many variants of the final drive has there been for the later GS’s. :blast

I'm liking this more and more and it would be an ideal mule for my US trips.

The looks are fine and most of us can't talk about the looks of a bike as we ride GS's.

Looking forward to a test ride and I'm hoping it will be more like a modern 1150GSA than a 1250.

I assume you mean bloody heavy .

And why go with chain drive considering HD assume it has off-road capabilities. Most will never see pay dirt but, most other manufacturers went shaft.
That alone may put some people off

Patria o Muerte

I assume you mean bloody heavy .

And why go with chain drive considering HD assume it has off-road capabilities. Most will never see pay dirt but, most other manufacturers went shaft.
That alone may put some people off

Patria o Muerte

I had an 1150 and 1200 GSA in the past and I can tell you 99% of people riding these behemoths never bring these bikes to serious off-road rides. When we do, we use our 200cc to 600cc bikes. None of these “real” off-road motorcycles are shaft-driven. So the PA being a chain-driven will not matter to most of their target customers imho. Furthermore, I would prefer a chain breakdown to a shaft problem when I am a thousand miles away from the nearest dealer. My .02 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Furthermore, I would prefer a chain breakdown to a shaft problem when I am a thousand miles away from the nearest dealer. My .02 cents.

Likewise, and that goes for a Belt Breakdown too.
My Dyna has a Chain Conversion...

I'm a fan. Not sure about the exhaust... kinda look like an afterthought, but I'm warming to the funky front end

Definitely packs in a lot of options and power and the price is bang on (unlike the stupid high price of the livewires - at £15k, not £30-ish, I'd have had one)

Really interested to see how it stack up when reviewed.

Here we have it, the definitive , exciting, full of energy review.....:hippy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7ri6jNNu5cA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here we have it, the definitive , exciting, full of energy review.....:hippy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7ri6jNNu5cA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That’s Matt Laidlaw reviewing the Dead Pan America :D

I got just over 4 minutes in and wanted to know more, but another second of his nasal monotonal noise would see me going on a killing spree, starting with myself, jesus he is shit, someone needs to tell him just how bad he is.

Dave, your thinking is a tad flawed.
By definition, “A spree killer is someone who kills two or more victims in a short time, in multiple locations”.
So if you’re ‘spree’ starts with yourself , it may not ever get to be a spree.
But I posted the vid as I know he has many big fans on here. I think Twizz is a fan, as is Fickle Trickle......:)

I got just over 4 minutes in and wanted to know more, but another second of his nasal monotonal noise would see me going on a killing spree, starting with myself, jesus he is shit, someone needs to tell him just how bad he is.

:okay:D

By definition, “A spree killer is someone who kills two or more victims in a short time, in multiple locations”.
But I posted the vid as I know he has many big fans on here. I think Twizz is a fan, as is Fickle Trickle......:)

Irony not your strong point is it?

That’s Matt Laidlaw reviewing the Dead Pan America :D

Very good! :thumb I'll watch and listen later this evening...it'll save me making a cup of cocoa or warm milk!

I think this bike is going to do well for HD though and we will see this engine in a lot more of a future range before too long.

Dave, for once you are correct, nasal twat; however, is it just me, the featured bikes are chain drive and I thought these were supposed to be belt drive :nenau

Dave, for once you are correct, nasal twat; however, is it just me, the featured bikes are chain drive and I thought these were supposed to be belt drive :nenau

Think the Pan Am was always going to be chain drive.
I’ve just sat through the entire vid and am still awake !!!
He’s a boring fucker but it’s quite an informative vid.
I’ve got a feeling that this bike may just be way better than most people are expecting. Won’t stop the haters or the blinkered GS brigade though .

Not me - never heard of him!

I’d have a Pan America tomorrow, but not at the expense of the RKS. Not sure I can sneak another £18k motorcycle in the garage without the wife leaving me :D

He is a Harley Davidson salesman (he may even own the business now) so his YouTube vids are just talking brochures enhanced by a Southern California climate.

I’ve liked some of his output when interested in a particular model but that’s about it.

I think the new Pan will be a nice bike and different from the usual KTM/BMW herd offering. :)

...................I think this bike is going to do well for HD though and we will see this engine in a lot more of a future range before too long.

I would expect that lump to be in the next Sportsters for sure, it may even make the bikes live up to the name.

Back
Top Bottom