Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New HD Pan America on HD site now.

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe Outtomunch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adm1 View Post
    Well.....I put a deposit down on one this morning......................
    Excellent

Andres
    Look, Tut, Laugh

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I ordered the Special (it seemed silly not to), plus the wire wheels and adaptive suspension. Guantlett Grey.

I'll also definitely get the ali boxes (but in two minds about clear or black) and the aux lights. I might hold off on the exhaust though and see what comes out on the aftermarket.

This was from Guildford Harley - and they are Lind Group, so I am not sure if the 18 number is GHD by itself or across the 4 Lind dealerships.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Lord Snooty's Avatar
    I ordered the Special (it seemed silly not to), plus the wire wheels and adaptive suspension. Guantlett Grey.

I'll also definitely get the ali boxes (but in two minds about clear or black) and the aux lights. I might hold off on the exhaust though and see what comes out on the aftermarket.

This was from Guildford Harley - and they are Lind Group, so I am not sure if the 18 number is GHD by itself or across the 4 Lind dealerships.
    Good luck on being one of the first test mules, you have more confidence than me, especially as this is taking HD into totally uncharted waters for them. I hope it doesn't end in tears and the bike has been thoroughly researched and tested, for your sake and HD's.
    2010 BMW R1200GSA
    2017 Kawasaki Z1000SX Touring
    2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S
    1989 Jaguar XJS 5.3 Convertible

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Clifton's Avatar
    Now Snooty don't worry him! With all the delays from the new CEO to covid they've had a lot of extra time to get this bike dialed in. And besides it comes with a 2 year warranty right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Snooty View Post
    Good luck on being one of the first test mules, you have more confidence than me, especially as this is taking HD into totally uncharted waters for them. I hope it doesn't end in tears and the bike has been thoroughly researched and tested, for your sake and HD's.
    :-) That is a concern for sure. But so far HD has been pretty good to me over the years. I was a test mule on the Softail Fat Bob in 2017 (I ordered that sight unseen as well) and despite worrying about the new frame, the new engine and the new suspension it all worked out fine. The bike has been great.

There's going to be teething problems for sure on any totally new platform, but in my experience, HD do tend to stand behind their products (apart from "they all do that, sir" of course)....

Sometimes though, you just see a bike and think "I have to have one". At the end of the day it's only money and you only live once!

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton View Post
    Now Snooty don't worry him! With all the delays from the new CEO to covid they've had a lot of extra time to get this bike dialed in. And besides it comes with a 2 year warranty right?
    Yes it does. And we also have a "lemon law" of sorts in the UK (2015 Consumer Rights Act).

I will still be very nervous until I read some proper road tests, but the deposit is refundable anyway....

Now, does anyone want to buy my old GS?

Well.....I put a deposit down on one this morning, so I am either going to have sell it fairly quickly, or keep it for 10 years.

Apparently my local dealer have now sold 6 of their yearly allocation of 18. The first 6 are due in June.
    Excellent. The appearance, specs and price look great to me. Look forward to hearing your thoughts when you get it.
    I'll be taking one for a test ride for sure .

Yes it does. And we also have a "lemon law" of sorts in the UK (2015 Consumer Rights Act).

I will still be very nervous until I read some proper road tests, but the deposit is refundable anyway....

Now, does anyone want to buy my old GS?
    I did a very tarty thing too. Looking on the DVLA website and saw "HD21 PAN" was available for a very reasonable price. Sorry to say I pressed the button. My wife called me a "tosser" with absolutely no context. I guess that's it now.

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Common criticism of the GS after the 11GS model was that it lacked a short first gear which is essential for offroad. I wonder if the Pan Am doesn’t suffer from the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm liking this more and more and it would be an ideal mule for my US trips.

The looks are fine and most of us can't talk about the looks of a bike as we ride GS's.

Looking forward to a test ride and I'm hoping it will be more like a modern 1150GSA than a 1250.
    www.unchainedtours.com

"Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.
    With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream.
    If you have hope, you have everything."

http://www.unchainedtours.com

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Reggie353's Avatar
    I did a very tarty thing too. Looking on the DVLA website and saw "HD21 PAN" was available for a very reasonable price. Sorry to say I pressed the button. My wife called me a "tosser" with absolutely no context. I guess that's it now.
    Brilliant. Good reg. That was fate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Lord Snooty's Avatar
    Great reg, well done. I really like the auto seat lowering feature, now that is a useful electronic function.
    2010 BMW R1200GSA
    2017 Kawasaki Z1000SX Touring
    2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S
    1989 Jaguar XJS 5.3 Convertible

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234