New HD Pan America on HD site now.

Quite right, I've shopped in Harley's world for some time! My Road King is in for new front discs and pads (£630) plus a 10K service and MoT (£380) this week.

Use an independent for that kind of work.....mine is an ex HD Mechanic who set up on his own...

No dealer overheads to fund so considerably cheaper... he even has all the tech to deal with M8 bikes etc..

Looks great in Vivid Black........

Viewed the Pan America Special at H-D Cheltenham today. Bike looks good (to me) and felt good when sat on it, but no test rides until the demo bike arrives in June.

£2k for a top box and panniers is excessive. The display bike had over £5k of accessories fitted!

The bike I'm lined up for has a scheduled build date in Thailand in late May, but unlikely to arrive here for about 3 months.

.........but no test rides until the demo bike arrives in June.

Huh!! that's not what I was told, I'll give the dealership I am under the impression I'm "booked" to ride with at 09:00 on Saturday a call back, see what the crack is.....the forecast looks fucking shite for Saturday now anyway :(

Tbh - anything but the orange/white...

I popped into the HD concession yesterday while I was having the brakes bled on my GS next door

Said they’ll have a demo bike at the beginning of June, they’ve just got some sport luggage on show at the moment

I’ll be having a test ride for sure, my choice would be grey too

Update: @Seawolf you are right, the guy I just chatted with at my local HD said the same....No Demo rides until June. :(
Clearly some miscommunication going on with my local lot, Saturday is just viewing and sitting on etc etc

As said before, the forecast looks truly terrible for Saturday so will see how it turns out, might still pop along to have a look.

Might just be me, but there is something infantile about just sitting on a motorcycle you may wish to purchase, I know we all do it, but it just seems a bit childish, especially when you start to make the vroom, vroom noises.:D

Might just be me, but there is something infantile about just sitting on a motorcycle you may wish to purchase, I know we all do it, but it just seems a bit childish, especially when you start to make the vroom, vroom noises.:D

when you are my size its the very first qualification......... and many dreams have been smashed in the first 45 seconds,,,,

.... As said before, the forecast looks truly terrible for Saturday so will see how it turns out, might still pop along to have a look.

Well worth a visit to take a look. The display bike is undercover and I found the HD staff on the stand pretty knowledgeable on the features and options.

Well worth a visit to take a look. The display bike is undercover and I found the HD staff on the stand pretty knowledgeable on the features and options.

Woke up to it lashing down, went for a run then had a shower.... Might pop out later if it brightens up

Wet afternoon had me heading to the dealer to take a look. Sadly, they’re closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I went down to Southampton today to view the bike they had there. My missus came and made us sidetrack into Ikea on the way which was pure hell.

But the bike looks good. The one they had there was a pre-production model but it looks really well put together nonetheless. Someone had broken the windscreen mechanism though. It is slimmer in the flesh than it looks. The end of the tank is really quite narrow and nice to grip with your knees. The seat is comfortable and the screen looks good. Clutch pull is light.

We couldn't start it up so I have no idea how the ARH feature works, but everyone that has ridden it says it is seamless.

Test rides later this month when the dealers start to get their demo bikes.

IMG_5904_HEIC-XL.jpg

What I didn't really like was that the hand guards are only clipped to the end of the bars. I can see them coming loose annoyingly regularly. However I guess the aftermarket will soon have something that clamps to the end of the bar. In the meantime, maybe a cable tie or something will do the job.

I went down to Southampton today to view the bike they had there. My missus came and made us sidetrack into Ikea on the way which was pure hell.

But the bike looks good. The one they had there was a pre-production model but it looks really well put together nonetheless. Someone had broken the windscreen mechanism though. It is slimmer in the flesh than it looks. The end of the tank is really quite narrow and nice to grip with your knees. The seat is comfortable and the screen looks good. Clutch pull is light.

We couldn't start it up so I have no idea how the ARH feature works, but everyone that has ridden it says it is seamless.

Test rides later this month when the dealers start to get their demo bikes.

IMG_5904_HEIC-XL.jpg

What I didn't really like was that the hand guards are only clipped to the end of the bars. I can see them coming loose annoyingly regularly. However I guess the aftermarket will soon have something that clamps to the end of the bar. In the meantime, maybe a cable tie or something will do the job.

Gorilla glue will sort that.

Are they having some building work done there?

Are they having some building work done there?

Not at the dealership - but at the lot next door. The bike itself was in a trailer parked outside as I guess it's just doing a whistle-stop tour of various dealerships.

It wasn't even HD themselves taking the bike from dealer to dealer. It's some event marketing company. I was talking to a couple of the Southampton HD staff and they said they were surprised as hell. They expected Harley staff to be with bike, but it just turned up this morning with the events people, who opened up the trailer and told the lads to get on with it! There were a few young dollies asking the usual marketing questions..."are you looking to buy a bike in the next 3 months?", etc...

Back
Top Bottom