New Heated WC seats

JerseyNeil

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Evening.

I'm considering changing my trusty stead of awesomeness to a shiny new R1250 GSA.

One option are the heated seats. Any views from the massive on here about them? Are they comfy? For me it would need to primarily be comfy and the heated function would be an added bonus as, let's face it, I don't regularly feel the need to heat my bum up but I do want to feel comfy on long rides. Any real life experience of the new GS/GSA heated seats would be appreciated.

I have done 500 mile days on the Rallye seat on my GS so maybe I'm easy to please.

Cheers

Neil

I love mine, got a 1250 te triple black and my main criteria was comfort, the look and feel is very much like the 'comfort' seats i had on a previous 1350 exclusive

How do they effect goretex in the rain?

I've found no problem little 'clammy' i suppose. There not mega hot to touch but more exuding warmth bit like my keis jacket and gloves

As YT has said, they look and feel the same as the non-heat comfort seats, which always worked well for me. What's nice about the new 5 heat settings for grip and seat is that they're quite finely stepped, so whilst I do find myself turning the seat setting down after a while, it doesn't burn yer backside off. Has to be a worthwhile addition at the price.

This is on a GS.

Thanks Yorkshire Twat. That's good to know.

Our local dealer has a GS triple black in stock which looks great. They have a Triple black GSA due in soon which I want to have a look at in the flesh.

Heated seats on previous bike (K1600) were underwhelming. Rarely used them as a result. Teh 1250GS seats warm up much more quickly and seam to heat more of your bum as well.

I rarely choose to ride when it's really cold, but as it's been chilly since I got the bike, I used it a few times. It's much better.

Thanks gents. heated seats it is then if, of course, I do decide to change.

It is going to be a first impression thing when I walk into the showroom. Nothing wrong with my 2017 Rallye GS. It is perfect but I fancy a treat. If the TB GSA tugs at me when I see it then I'm sure I will be looking to do a deal.

Neil

Remeber: It's always better to have the heated seat and not be needing it than needing the heat and not having it....

Thanks gents. heated seats it is then if, of course, I do decide to change.

It is going to be a first impression thing when I walk into the showroom. Nothing wrong with my 2017 Rallye GS. It is perfect but I fancy a treat. If the TB GSA tugs at me when I see it then I'm sure I will be looking to do a deal.

Neil

Don’t do it !!!
Pop in to see Owen at Bikers instead !

The heat is a welcome addition I have no problem with the standard GSA seat, I do however mount it on low rear, high front and it’s fine. General riding, European tours etc, the comfort is fine and the comfort range exceeds my bladder range so all good

do it! have never had anything heated other than grips. got my 1250gs 40th last month and added the heated seat - luxury.

had to go up the coast yesterday and returned in the evening. was enough just to keep me warm enough when the light faded plus convinced it helps old man bladder duration. (made the return 2 hours journey without nearly pishing myself at the front door!)

Barry

1st world problem knowing I have a reliable mint 2017 bike and not sure if I want to roll the dice again.

May my problems never get any worse eh.

Never had a cold arse, legs and arms maybe but insulation keeps it tolerable, I was in 3-4 C temps in Norway with some snow falling and heated seating or lack of it wasn’t an issue.

I do not disagree Gossy. I suspect that having a bit of heat around the derrière on a damp miserable cold day might make life that bit more pleasant. Heated seats would not be a deal breaker for me. I suspect if I opt for the Triple Black they come as part of the package (and the price). My biggest concern is sacrificing heat for comfort however my learned friends on here advise that there is no compromise so that is promising.

A bit like heated seats in cars. if you have never had it you probably wouldn't miss it.

The way I feel about heated seat is that even if the 'bottom' as such is not the coldest point of the body, the heated seat contributes to add heat to the blood, and it's circulated around to the entire body. A bit like a central heating system, where the heated seats functions like the furnace.

Picking my new Adventure TE up in the next week or so... No heated seats for me!
Had them on my RT, and have them on my Superuke GT. I don't like them. Don't like the feel of them... Even the connecting wires bug me.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom