New Heated WC seats

The way I feel about heated seat is that even if the 'bottom' as such is not the coldest point of the body, the heated seat contributes to add heat to the blood, and it's circulated around to the entire body. A bit like a central heating system, where the heated seats functions like the furnace.

This. Also, rather than straddle the bike like Michelin man I'd rather hang looser and get some heat in the blood through the bum. For same reason, the best time of year to use sunroofs is in the winter and spring, maybe late autumn, with the heated seats on.

For me it eas the comfort factor as the seat was just like my comfort seat on my old exclusive, the heating element was an added bonus

Out on Sunday in 9-10 degrees. Heated seat and grips on number 3. Combined with a heated vest it was great. Would recommend the heated seat. I’m sure it is more than £300 BMW are asking if you wanted to retro fit!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to add, I'm not sure why it should be but I'm finding the comfort / heated seat on the new GS more comfortable than the old comfort seat. Really pleased with it.

Out on Sunday in 9-10 degrees. Heated seat and grips on number 3. Combined with a heated vest it was great. Would recommend the heated seat. I’m sure it is more than £300 BMW are asking if you wanted to retro fit!!

Mine has been pre-ordered with the heated seat so I shall look forward to having the option of a warm bum. I have a heated vest too but it does need to be cold before I use it. Riding around at slow speeds on my little rock does not always warrant it but I can appreciate that cruising along a motorway at this time of year would.

I ordered a Triple Black GSA TE just before Christmas - didn't specifically want the heated seats but sure they will add to the comfort - for me what helped the decision was that i tend to keep my bikes roughly 5 years and i thought that when i come to sell it it will probably be a more popular option so for 295 quid i saw it as a way of maybe keeping a decent residual value.

Rik

I tend to agree with you Rictus (don't tell anyone on this site).

Mine is a pre spect model by the dealer with it already added. Looking forward to getting it.

Back
Top Bottom