TFT update

Mine was done foc as the screen had thrown up a few error codes.

Bike was connected for more than three hours for download.

Cured connectivity problems.

According to the dealers, the download speed is governed by the mothership.

You could have a super fast download speed, makes no difference.

The update package is stored on the local hard drive of their computer or at least on their local network. It doesn't get downloaded over the internet like it did when the TFT was released

My bikes in for a service next week, I’ll ask re the tft update and see what their response is.

Tell them you are having issues with connecting the phone and they should do it for you.

It worked for me.:thumb2

And me! I've always just said my TFT is losing it's connection to my phone (which was true) and Williams were happy to see if there was a later update. Last couple of updates were super quick so I don't think they mind.

I had the opposite problem. When mine went if for Aux lights fitting I said I didn't want an update because everything was working fine so wanted to leave well alone. I was told if there's an update available they need to do that before they can do the work. They did it and it took 3 1/2 hours. I needn't have worried, everything works fine so far (Touch wood)

It worked for me.:thumb2

I spoke with my local BMW dealer this morning and mentioned the TFT upgrade, no problem at all, I think it depends who you get on the phone! They just mentioned it could take anywhere between 15 minutes to four hours which isn’t a problem as I’ll leave the bike with them and just collect it whenever it’s ready. No charge either which for a Yorkshireman always goes down very well. :)

I've just booked my 1250 in for it's annual service in May at A. Jeffreries Shipley. I mentioned that the key fob 'battery low warning' brown TFT message still has to be cleared with the wonder wheel every power up even though I've fitted 2 new different button batteries in the fob, I also have the little yellow warning on the R. Hand of TFT and can't hear the exhaust flapper valve cycle on power up ? The old key fob battery voltage measured 3 volts when I changed it in December and was the original. Both the new button batteries measured 3.3 volts with my multimeter so I don't know if fob us dodgy. It powers up every time though ?
I also mentioned the 'silent flapper valve' when I made the appointment at the dealer's today just to get it logged as the bike will be 2 years old on the 1st March and even though the warranty is for 3 years...
I'm sure I read some post on here saying flapper valve is only warrantied for 2 years ?
They said my bike will need updating on TFT and then they will investigate the silent flapper and fob battery issue and replace if necessary during the annual service. Incidentally the annual service anniversary got pushed back to May due to last year's Covid lockdown and I didn't want to give them any chance of them ducking any warranty on flapper if it is indeed only 2 year's. The fault code should be date stamped on the TFT I would presume any way ?
I have previously lubricated the flapper spindle several times with a cotton wool bud using the extremely high temperature Nickel grease as recommended but can't recall if it still cycled after the last TFT update 021-104-020 done at last May's Covid delayed annual service. It certainly did when I first bought it though. Any advice would be welcome please.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

If we’re talking about the same thing, the flapper valve in the header pipes, I had mine changed under warranty last year. Because of the dates of expiry of your warranty I would ask them to confirm in writing to you that they are aware of your concerns and suspicions re the flapper valve and that regardless of you attending after your warranty has expired, because you have made them aware of the suspected fault at this early stage, if it transpires that they are faulty, they will still honour the warranty work.

If you only get confirmation verbally and they decline to confirm in writing to you, get the name of the person you’ve spoken with and ask them to make a note on your personal file. I think you’ll be alright with Jeffries as they are ok but if you experience any problems ask to speak with Simon who seems to be in charge of the branch.

I have previously lubricated the flapper spindle several times with a cotton wool bud using the extremely high temperature Nickel grease as recommended but can't recall if it still cycled after the last TFT update 021-104-020 done at last May's Covid delayed annual service. It certainly did when I first bought it though. Any advice would be welcome please.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I don't think you need to be that delicate when it comes to lubricating the exhaust valve - I just give mine an occasional heavy squirt with ACF50 or WD40 and, so far, no problems with the GS or other bikes.

I don't think you need to be that delicate when it comes to lubricating the exhaust valve - I just give mine an occasional heavy squirt with ACF50 or WD40 and, so far, no problems with the GS or other bikes.

Do you take the end can off or get at it through the black actuator when giving it a squirt?

I had to disconnect the flappy valve on my 2012 GSA last summer, no problems at all then it just seized. I had lubed it a few times with WD-40 but don't think it made any difference in the end. Easy job on the Hexhead to just disconnect & remove the cables, making sure the valve was in the open position. Can't say I notice any difference when riding, it's always had a loud exhaust.

Do you take the end can off or get at it through the black actuator when giving it a squirt?

I took the end can off mine and gave it a squirt at the top where the cables are and at the bottom (which you can only get at with the end can off) inside where the spindle fits - mainly because after I lubed the top, I still had a squeak where the bottom pin needed lubing as well. No more squeaks now :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom