TFT update

Had started a thread ‘TFT updates’ without realising this was here so have closed it now.

Had my 21 R1250GS in for service on Monday 3rd and requested a TFT software update in the hope of resolving the occasional disconnect, plus the low volume mono when using the phone. Allan Jefferies, Baildon were happy to do the update during my service. I have three nearer BMW Motorrad dealers but prefer to travel the 70 odd miles to them.
I had version 022-007-020 and was expecting 022-008-020 but got 023-011-060.
It’s too early to tell if it’s resolved the issues but it definitely starts up faster.

Update - It starts up faster, reconnecting faster to the phone and headset, it hasn’t disconnected and it’s louder, so all my issues addressed.

I mentioned a TFT update just in general bollocks with the service desk guy at my local Motorrad when I was getting the service done recently. Reply was, er, no, takes 6 or 7 hours, not unless there was a problem or something. He didn't seem interested, although I will add I get really good customer service there. It's an early 18 plate so it would probably be good for an update. Hey Ho.

I mentioned a TFT update just in general bollocks with the service desk guy at my local Motorrad when I was getting the service done recently. Reply was, er, no, takes 6 or 7 hours, not unless there was a problem or something. He didn't seem interested, although I will add I get really good customer service there. It's an early 18 plate so it would probably be good for an update. Hey Ho.
I didn’t just ask for an update though, I reported random disconnection and low volume whilst using the phone. The service engineer couldn’t find a fault so downloaded the latest software. My bike was with them from about 09.45 until about 15.00, so five hours at the most if they connected it straight up. I was told around three hours. It’s no big deal to them to leave it on downloading whilst they get on with other stuff. Some dealers don’t want to do it for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom