TFT update

scorpio

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My bike is going in for a TFT update early March as the new update should fix the connectivity problems. Is this something I pay for? Bike is less than six months old. Also looking for help trying to find the second channel on my Senna 50s.

TFT a update is free can take up to 4-6 hours.
Steps for 2nd pairing as per picture below

Attachments

• 4628EC1E-6371-4662-A2EF-57FBF8FF71DC.jpeg
    4628EC1E-6371-4662-A2EF-57FBF8FF71DC.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 2,465
The latest update is 022_005_041, you shouldn't have to pay for it.

To get the second mobile phone pairing of the its different to all the others, you need to keep your finger on the jog wheel for about 5 secs this will take you to the 2nd phone pairing.Then press the phone button at the back of the jog wheel once this is second mobile pairing.

The latest update is 022_005_041, you shouldn't have to pay for it.

To get the second mobile phone pairing of the its different to all the others, you need to keep your finger on the jog wheel for about 5 secs this will take you to the 2nd phone pairing.Then press the phone button at the back of the jog wheel once this is second mobile pairing.

Thank you.

I had the 022_005_041 update in August last year and it's made a lot of improvements to the stability of the bluetooth. It also took under an hour to update.

This raised a question. Is a software update free whether in for a service or not?

I would hope so given its great customer service, is quick and easy to connect and is no extra cost to the dealership. I have a good relationship with my dealership and I know they would help where they can.

Think if the bike goes into them for something, they will update. However if you just want the update i'm not sure they'd do it FOC unless it was causing a warranty issue or something.

Williams Manchester have always been happy to do the update on the premise that there is a problem, which I've always had issues so they've been more than happy to do it.

Hmm not so with my dealer. Very difficult about TFT update unless there is an issue - and when I indicated a fault they said it was Apple’s fault so wait for an OS update (which is bollocks). They want a fee to update otherwise. It’s a piss take given it can be done during a service (they “ran out of time” when I asked at my annual service). Either it’s a chargeable item, at all dealers, all the time (like a consumable used in a service), or it’s free for everyone!

if this is a feature update, I would be asking for a free update. If its just random firmware for stability then they possibly may charge.

This raised a question. Is a software update free whether in for a service or not?

I would hope so given its great customer service, is quick and easy to connect and is no extra cost to the dealership. I have a good relationship with my dealership and I know they would help where they can.

the issue is the computer, it attaches to, blocks any other bike going in that bay.

the issue is the computer, it attaches to, blocks any other bike going in that bay.

You mean during the 3-4 hours of update...quoted on here, the technician is just standing around? Doesn’t make sense.

It’s interesting the different dealer experiences on here. I’ve always thought of profits derived as ‘good’ and ‘bad’. Good profit is a happy customer and likely to spend more in the long run. Bad profit is you guessed it, lost business + the cost to replace that customer.

You mean during the 3-4 hours of update...quoted on here, the technician is just standing around? Doesn’t make sense.

It’s interesting the different dealer experiences on here. I’ve always thought of profits derived as ‘good’ and ‘bad’. Good profit is a happy customer and likely to spend more in the long run. Bad profit is you guessed it, lost business + the cost to replace that customer.

3-4 hrs as it often loses connection.
they can do other stuff, but nearly every procedure needs the same lead

Williams Manchester have always been happy to do the update on the premise that there is a problem, which I've always had issues so they've been more than happy to do it.

And the same with me when they did mine.

I used to stay in a hotel in Scotland. They had a decent real ale on most nights. One evening, I had a pint, and asked for a second, and the barman apologised that they had the beer, but the6 couldn’t serve it because it hadn’t settled. It transpired tha5 they only had one tap for proper beer.

I had a quiet word with the hotel owner, and explained how much more beer he could sell, if it were actually available for sale rather than sitting around taking up space and costing his business cash. The following week, he bought another tap (they’re about £25).

I’m sure the same applies to bmw can leads, tho they might be a bit more than 25 quid.

And they can invest in a decent broadband connection too. It’s hardly rocket science

I used to stay in a hotel in Scotland. They had a decent real ale on most nights. One evening, I had a pint, and asked for a second, and the barman apologised that they had the beer, but the6 couldn’t serve it because it hadn’t settled. It transpired tha5 they only had one tap for proper beer.

I had a quiet word with the hotel owner, and explained how much more beer he could sell, if it were actually available for sale rather than sitting around taking up space and costing his business cash. The following week, he bought another tap (they’re about £25).

I’m sure the same applies to bmw can leads, tho they might be a bit more than 25 quid.

And they can invest in a decent broadband connection too. It’s hardly rocket science

Cool give them a ring, I am sure that’s all there is to it.

its stupid really ,my car needed a software update for the control panel ie radio .bluetooth screen ,all you do is park your car near the house and link into the house wifi and do it your self ,very easy took about 40 mins ,why it cant be done with the bike i dont know.

its stupid really ,my car needed a software update for the control panel ie radio .bluetooth screen ,all you do is park your car near the house and link into the house wifi and do it your self ,very easy took about 40 mins ,why it cant be done with the bike i dont know.

According to the dealers, the download speed is governed by the mothership.

You could have a super fast download speed, makes no difference.

Back
Top Bottom