Great shock refurb - do it while in lockdown!

22_1150-gs-cm

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just a big thanks to Denz0 for doing my shock. Pre and post photos below.

Fantastic service, and swift. Good time to get it done. And I would not have found him without UKGSER!

Cheers

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 824
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 817
Had two sets of shocks refurbished by Denz0 absolutely brilliant service and value for money to boot

May I be so rude as to ask how much you paid?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I too have just had a rear shock serviced by DenzO.

I think with all things, it really depends on the amount of work involved in reconditioning the shock. You would need to get in touch with him via PM and let him know what shocks you have that need working. Ie the bike they are off or the part no, or if they are an after market shock etc.

I priced up a new replacement OEM shock at £1000, and a second hand one at £200. DenzO quoted me a fraction of the used price, so it was a no brainer, to use his service.

I can’t give the guy enough praise for the service he provides. He quoted me a 5 day turn around, and it was a pleasure doing business with him.

:thumb2

Thanks, gents for the recommendation.
Price always depends on what needs to be done or what condition is the shock (internal parts).
I'll always give the best price possible and try to give the best value for your money.
Shock service normally £110 ~120 that just a guide price sometimes rod needs chroming or the piston band is worn out.
Or I get the shock of 1997 r1100gs see on the picture and my hands drop to the floor...
Good news It didn't leak!

K1300GT came in with a snapped cable...
I'm here to help if anyone needs service or upgrade of the stock suspension.
92b953f332e2bbd75b8f75d6e81419ee.jpg
1522bed6d57fd019189bf6d227ba62f9.jpg

Hi DenzO,
Can you service an Ohlins rear shock (for an R1150GS)?

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Hi DenzO,
Can you service an Ohlins rear shock (for an R1150GS)?

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Hi
Yes, I can service Ohlins,Wilbers, Nitron, WP and other brands as long as parts are available.
Please PM
42a27eae4ef789776770475fd3576b06.jpg
96fe3246f8e27a004a14edf9c8c8d6ce.jpg

Just had my LC shocks back from Denz0, bike's done 32,000 miles and it was getting a bit 'loose', now it feels better than when it was new. Cant recommend his work highly enough, certainly the best £300.00 I've ever spent on the GS.

I've just had my shocks refurbed out (BG Motorsport at Silverstone), they've come back with new front shock absorber bushes (BMW part: 31422311994 (31 42 2 311 994))
SUA11994.jpg

There are 2 of these bushes fitted, in conjunction with a bush, around the vertical spiggot of the front shock absorber where it goes through the frame. However, when I refitted the shock, i found the metal washer that fits over this bush is smaller than the rubber bush and so 'digs in' when tightening the nut. I can't remember if it was always like that or what! :nenau

Can anyone confirm if the washer needs to be the same size/bigger than the rubber bush, and how tight I should tighten the nut?

It’s smaller than the rubber bush, but larger than the nut.

Attachments

• 33819D3F-C8C3-4D71-AB9F-49DFB44EC9C9.jpg
    33819D3F-C8C3-4D71-AB9F-49DFB44EC9C9.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 561
Has anyone got contact details for Denz0 as I need my 2008 non ESA re-sprung? It says send a PM but I'm not tech savvy and can't figure out how to do so. Cheers, Matt

Hi Matt,
Go to the top of the page, and click on notifications.
The drop down will show Inbox click on that and it takes you to the PM area.

On the LHS there is a button that says send new message, click on it.
In the new window you will see recipient that's Denz0
Type your message and click submit

When he replies you will get a notification at the top of any page

Hi Matt,
Go to the top of the page, and click on notifications.
The drop down will show Inbox click on that and it takes you to the PM area.

On the LHS there is a button that says send new message, click on it.
In the new window you will see recipient that's Denz0
Type your message and click submit

When he replies you will get a notification at the top of any page

Cheers, now sorted.

Has anyone got contact details for Denz0 as I need my 2008 non ESA re-sprung? It says send a PM but I'm not tech savvy and can't figure out how to do so. Cheers, Matt

Just click on denzos name on his post. You'll see an option to PM him.

I've just had my shocks refurbed out (BG Motorsport at Silverstone), they've come back with new front shock absorber bushes (BMW part: 31422311994 (31 42 2 311 994))
SUA11994.jpg

There are 2 of these bushes fitted, in conjunction with a bush, around the vertical spiggot of the front shock absorber where it goes through the frame. However, when I refitted the shock, i found the metal washer that fits over this bush is smaller than the rubber bush and so 'digs in' when tightening the nut. I can't remember if it was always like that or what! :nenau

Can anyone confirm if the washer needs to be the same size/bigger than the rubber bush, and how tight I should tighten the nut?

Its similar to the hexhead setup,

i had a similar issue when i had mine, the bushes compress over time so you get movement.

If i recall the way to do it is to fit the lower and put the nut on the upper with the washer in place. drop the bike off the centre stand, so the front suspension is under load

i seem to recall the bush has to go a certain way round, but i cant remember which way lol

once you've figured that out its nip it up, then torque it off , other wise you get movement and clonking.

I seem to recall the washer is the same size as the bush,

i need to go check now

I also just had my shocks serviced by Denz0 as the front was leaking oil at 38,000 miles. He fitted a slightly stronger spring on the back suited to my weight and whilst i’m now a bit tiptoed when stopped, I’m very happy with the way the bike rides now. It’s like having a new bike again.

leak

My front ESA is leaking, Denzo to the rescue. I'm delivering both front and rear to him Friday 4th jun on our way from Yorkshire to Brighton
for a wedding. He is going to service and lower them both in time for me to collect them on the way back up on the Sunday.

Bloody fantastic service.

Hi, Sorry to jump on an old post, but I’m trying to get hold of a contact number for the forum member Denz0.
I have a 2002 R1150 GS and the rear shock is dead, I’ve tried a few places, but keep being told its not repairable, as I can’t afford £400 + for a new one, Denz0 appears to be my last hope.
Thanks in advance !

Hi, Sorry to jump on an old post, but I’m trying to get hold of a contact number for the forum member Denz0.
I have a 2002 R1150 GS and the rear shock is dead, I’ve tried a few places, but keep being told its not repairable, as I can’t afford £400 + for a new one, Denz0 appears to be my last hope.
Thanks in advance !

this is his website

http://ttechsuspension.com/

He did a great job on my Ducati shock

Back
Top Bottom