1290 Super Adventure R

Brm brm

739b2727dbfefa8b45b2491c82b48817.jpg

3854361244a25153e997d497c619362b.jpg

df2120dcb235f895415870cdd5d31bd0.jpg

Me! That’s my local that is - just 3 miles up the road. I only know cos I popped in on Friday.

Andy had one coming in June that he offered me (I declined) but that was a week ago. That’s their allocation for the year.

I suspect KTM will be making a few more for next year.

Why would anyone bother with a 1290S, that looks amazing

............because for most folks the 1290S will be the better bike for them :blast

Still waiting to see if they bring out the 1290S in a more basic trim and will have another look then ;)

............because for most folks the 1290S will be the better bike for them :blast

Still waiting to see if they bring out the 1290S in a more basic trim and will have another look then ;)

Why ?
Much preferred the ride of the previous 1290R to the S.

R looks load better

I have said previously that the R has the better paint scheme compared to the S so we agree on that - IMO though it does not make the R the better bike than the S for most people ;)

When you buying a 1290R then :p

I have said previously that the R has the better paint scheme compared to the S so we agree on that - IMO though it does not make the R the better bike than the S for most people ;)

Had a 2018 1290 R as always thought they looked a bit better, paint spokes etc
However a little tall and always that little voice telling me about the 21' front tyre footprint. All in the mind but there nevertheless.

£15999 for the R £14999 for the S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

......or basically you can get the S for about £15.5k with heated grips and quick shifter and have a similar spec to a 1200GS TE but with the radar cruise control (if that's you thing) - so about £2k better value ;)

I have a KTM dealer 4 miles away, but the bikes don’t interest me
Prefer my GSA and my T7 personally
Over 100bhp on me is wasted as I rarely go above 60mph on a bike now

I have a KTM dealer 4 miles away, but the bikes don’t interest me
Prefer my GSA and my T7 personally
Over 100bhp on me is wasted as I rarely go above 60mph on a bike now

Yeah.......but........160bhp can be great fun :) If something like that doesn’t stir the soul then one is dead.

I’ve made my choice selling the 1190R and my most powerful bike now is the 701 but there’s no denying all that KTM power puts the biggest of grins on your face and I do miss it occasionally........

Andres

Back
Top Bottom