Front engine cover bolt torque on R1150GS

Badgs

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Please can someone help me by confirming the correct torque setting for the front engine cover - not the plastic alternator cover but the cover that bolts on to. I think it is called the alternator support cover. I would like to replace the bolts with stainless and just want to make sure I tighten them appropriately.

Cheers
Ben

Hey badgs just tighten evenly working oppositely from each side to pull the cover in evenly and eventually you'll end up just nipping them up . Use a 1/4 " ratchet so you won't end up hamfisting them

Have a look here, it mentions the alternator support cover.....20NM?_..anyway very helpful list of torque settings for the 1150GS
https://ukgser.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=280680&d=1431093607

Careful badgs!! The wee bolts are M6 x 1 and torque is 9NM

There are only 2 x M8 bolts and they are 20 nm on the upper 1/3

Sorry Albatross But needed to make sure the OP didn't try 20nm on the M6

Also badgs Don't Use Coppaslip on the bolts Use Ordinary grease or ACF50 Grease or ALLOY anti seize

Coppaslip and stainless and alloy has a good possibility for a chemical reaction between three dissimilar metals

Careful badgs!! The wee bolts are M6 x 1 and torque is 9NM

There are only 2 x M8 bolts and they are 20 nm on the upper 1/3

Sorry Albatross But needed to make sure the OP didn't try 20nm on the M6

Also badgs Don't Use Coppaslip on the bolts Use Ordinary grease or ACF50 Grease or ALLOY anti seize

Coppaslip and stainless and alloy has a good possibility for a chemical reaction between three dissimilar metals

No need to apologise DrF.....wasn’t entirely sure anyway.....before he wrecks a thread...
Cheers

Perfect thank you guys. Super helpful.

������������

Hey badgs just tighten evenly working oppositely from each side to pull the cover in evenly and eventually you'll end up just nipping them up . Use a 1/4 " ratchet so you won't end up hamfisting them

Just replace one bolt at a time, don't remove them all at once.

Back
Top Bottom