Extended warranty

RallyeGS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The 3 year warranty ends on my GSA this year and I was looking to extend it. Went into the website for a quote but it won’t entertain me as the existing warranty is still in place. Any idea what sort of money I am looking at?

£400 or so a year i believe

why didnt you do a request with a random bike ?

that way you should have got a price

I pay £41:60 a month for a fully insured extended bmw warranty with £50 excess a 2016 GSA.

The warranty is transferable to a new owner as well if they take over the monthly payments.

Good value really as it includes UK/Euro breakdown and recovery. :thumb2

i dont know about the extended warraty but did you know the 3rd year standard warranty does not include the exhaust downpipes/flappy valve

420 or 430 yearly (can't quite recall) for 250 excess and full breakdown cover. I see blues n two has said his was around 500 quid for 50 quid excess - I thought my quote was higher than that - more like 600, hence went with the higher excess, but there you go.

I pay £458 a year to extend my k16 warrenty and have done since 2015, I used to pay £389 a couple of years back with a £150 excess , same cover ,all inclusive etc , but my mate advised me to go full price because, doing so you don’t have an excess to pay , it’s mint , no messing about and it does provide , the necessary piece of mind ,double mint 👍👍

You have to laugh, BMW sell you a so called premium motorcycle at a very premium price and (it would seem) build in a less than premium reliability factor then charge the punters a high amount for warranty insurance. Warranty insurance that is deemed vital by so many owners because if a component fails and you have to pay for it yourself, BMW will absolutely rip you off on the price of the replacement parts.

For instance, the cost of a new ESA shock is what, £1800 fitted yet probably cost BMW a couple of hundred at the most.

You have to give credit to BMW for a great business model.

I wanted to do this in Spain. My SELECT deal came to an end this month, as did my warranty.

When i bought the bike I told the salesman I wanted an extended warranty and he told me that it wasn't necessary at that time, that I could do it nearer the term three years down the line.

Which i did.

However, When I went to do it (at the dealers) they told me that this had to be arranged within three months of buying the bike. Naturally I do not have any proof that the salesman said what he said to me and I just took his word for it. He no longer works there, either.

I called customer service in Spain and, no dice either. Even having never serviced it anywhere but BMW official dealer.

I have not bothered to get into contact with BIG BMW in Germany as I imagine that it is just the policy here in Spain.

I pay £458 a year to extend my k16 warrenty and have done since 2015, I used to pay £389 a couple of years back with a £150 excess , same cover ,all inclusive etc , but my mate advised me to go full price because, doing so you don’t have an excess to pay , it’s mint , no messing about and it does provide , the necessary piece of mind ,double mint

Having paid out in excess of £2,000 have you had to make any claims?

Pretty sure about £370. A one off payment for my 18 plate GSA Rallye with about 5000 miles a year with roadside assistance anywhere in UK and Europe. Wouldn't be without it.

I got my letter today for my GS which will be 4 shortly. £455 one off payment, no excess. Arguably I could have saved money with an excess as I didn't claim.

Having paid out in excess of £2,000 have you had to make any claims?

Yeah i have had to make a claim or two , the first one was a sticking starter , basically it was a wiring problem, apparently done on a recall but it was out of the manufacturer’s warranty, so I think they did that on the extended , the second one was a busted rear shock in Germany, I messed about with the settings and managed to enjoy the trip bearing in mind I could have taken it anywhere in Germany to be fixed , but on getting home I gave jeffreys a call they picked it up within half an hour , put on a new shock and returned it the next day , nothing to pay at all , and if I were to buy said rear shock it would have been £1800 , or so I was told , I’d have to say I’ve had my money’s worth, and as I said previous, the piece of mind is worth it, to me anyway

It seems that around a third of my 2019 3 manufacturers year warranty will be expiring sat in the garage due to Covid restrictions :mad:

Mine goes in on Monday for TFT connectivity issues, swing arm corrosion, cylinder head corrosion, key fob problem and a loud tapping from the left cylinder head, oh and new tyres and a service. My last BMW I think.

Anyone know if they do a deal on two bikes for a extended warranty ?

Back
Top Bottom