Just pulled the plug on buying an XT

Flipfly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was just about to press the order button and just checked that the XT did Spotify.......no it doesn’t!

What a massive omission of Garmin. It’s the most used feature I use on the 595. I would like the brighter screen and faster processor, but without Spotify it’s a total bust for me.

I know I can work around it, but not being able to change playlists and browse my Spotify music means I’d be stopping all the time.

What a bummer :(

For years I've had all my music on a sdhc card, around 23GB. This I've transferred to each phone I've had. And stream music through the TFT to my headset. The issue I have with any online streaming service (spotify etc) is the need to either download the music, But you cant 20GB, or stream it through the data. I have unlimited data, so its not that, Its more to do with Data signal. I have so many times nearly hit the button to buy an XT, The reason I havnt is the agro fitting it to the GS, keeping the electrics the same as the Nav6. When someone comes along with a plug and play mount for the GS, Ill have one.

For years I've had all my music on a sdhc card, around 23GB. This I've transferred to each phone I've had. And stream music through the TFT to my headset. The issue I have with any online streaming service (spotify etc) is the need to either download the music, But you cant 20GB, or stream it through the data. I have unlimited data, so its not that, Its more to do with Data signal. I have so many times nearly hit the button to buy an XT, The reason I havnt is the agro fitting it to the GS, keeping the electrics the same as the Nav6. When someone comes along with a plug and play mount for the GS, Ill have one.

It works really well with the 595 once you have downloaded tracks to to the phone (subscription service) and having the ability to change playlists on the fly. I don’t want to search songs over the internet, just access my saved music on the phone. Seems like now all you can do is listen to whatever you have playing on the phone and there is no control of the downloaded tracks.....a massive omission imho.

I guess the next thing for bike gps will be an apple carplay interface screen

Hmm I have a 595 and an XT. The XT is a far superior GPS unit in many ways (I have found).

I pair my phone direct to Bluetooth headset - it's an iPhone X Max which has the bigger screen and is fine if you have the right gloves.

I don't use Spotify but I can control the music or BBC Sounds streamed from the iPhone to my headset using the XT - even though the iPhone audio is routed directly to my headset.

Maybe it does this through the Garmin Drive app.

I have the XT paired as a "GPS" .... to my Sena headset.

Just tried it out of curiosity.

I can control Spotify on my iPhone from my Zumo XT. Pause, replay, shuffle or continuous skip and play. No playlist selection from the XT - you would have to do that on your phone.

If you download the music, and Bluetooth stream it direct to your headset it consumes no data

If you download the music, and Bluetooth stream it direct to your headset it consumes no data

25GB of it ? I've got every album, and single I've ever owned. Not realistic to download it all.

25GB of it ? I've got every album, and single I've ever owned. Not realistic to download it all.

Yes thats a lot, but realistically do you need that much to be there at once ? i think i have 6-12gb on the phone but usually i have a playlist of 500 odd songs which i have on shuffle

i guess it's down to how much free space you have on your phone

If the spoty app is available on the 595, can it not be found ;) and sideloaded onto the XT?

Yes thats a lot, but realistically do you need that much to be there at once ? i think i have 6-12gb on the phone but usually i have a playlist of 500 odd songs which i have on shuffle

Yes, Because I'm away at weeks at a time, and My mood changes. I have all my music on a 256GB SDGC card. Ive been in some very remote areas where no signal is possible. And its always reassuring i have my music with me.

If the spoty app is available on the 595, can it not be found ;) and sideloaded onto the XT?

Can’t see any option to side load it and can’t find anyone else that has attempted to online.

It’s a bummer because most of the time I have it for the music, I have an SD card loaded with lots of music, but Spotify is my go to music source and sounds better through the Garmin 595.

Don’t want to use my phone for when I’m navigating as the zumo does a better job of planning when I want to do a long journey abroad.

Can’t see any option to side load it and can’t find anyone else that has attempted to online.

It’s a bummer because most of the time I have it for the music, I have an SD card loaded with lots of music, but Spotify is my go to music source and sounds better through the Garmin 595.

Don’t want to use my phone for when I’m navigating as the zumo does a better job of planning when I want to do a long journey abroad.

Didn't you read what I wrote?

Didn't you read what I wrote?

Yes, thank you, but the only control is within a playlist. I want to have full access to my music files without having to stop and search/select the music I want to play from within my saved music.

I know I can put a playlist on and wander back and forth within that playlist, but I can’t see any of my music outside of that playlist and cannot browse within the playlist to pick a certain track, all things that I use often with the 595 and it’s Spotify app.

Seems like a backward step to me and one that means I have to choose between the shit screen on the 595 or the XT and it’s lack of functionality for my purposes.

Yes, thank you, but the only control is within a playlist. I want to have full access to my music files without having to stop and search/select the music I want to play from within my saved music.

I know I can put a playlist on and wander back and forth within that playlist, but I can’t see any of my music outside of that playlist and cannot browse within the playlist to pick a certain track, all things that I use often with the 595 and it’s Spotify app.

Seems like a backward step to me and one that means I have to choose between the shit screen on the 595 or the XT and it’s lack of functionality for my purposes.

Yes agreed that level of control has gone with the XT.

What a joy the world of ‘Must have’ sounds are. Get a louder exhaust and revel in its noise..... it saves lives too, far more effective than Hi-Viz and a blasting horn. But a blasting horn is essential and bright, really bright, lights, too. I’ve read it all here.

What a joy the world of ‘Must have’ sounds are. Get a louder exhaust and revel in its noise..... it saves lives too, far more effective than Hi-Viz and a blasting horn. But a blasting horn is essential and bright, really bright, lights, too. I’ve read it all here.

I have a Harley FFS :D, I’m trying to drown the noise out with quality tunes :thumb

Back
Top Bottom