Bluetooth headset recommendations

Breham

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have spent some time looking at exiting threads but not found the guidance I need and hope someone can steer me in the right direction.

The problem is a lot of features I just don’t need, I don’t have any mates that ride bikes. So I don’t need to talk to pillions and I don’t want to answer phone calls.

All I want is listen to directions from my phone or sat nav and maybe music on longer journeys.

Thanks, Rich

Sena SMH-5S i think would be ideal

But it's only BT2.0 o wont work with some apps or the TFT i believe

You need BT3.0 or higher i believe for that

some of what you pay more for, is longer battery life & ease of remval & refitting etc

My 30K was £250 odd,

over 4 years its a shade over £5 a month - small change really

I wouldn't advice anyone to get anything less than 4.0.

Like you I don't need all that nonsense although I do talk to others but you don't need to break the bank nor do you need mesh this or that. If you can find a Sena 20s it would be ideal and likely to find one around £100 mark in fact sure I bought one for around £80 on here. I have two sets, 20s and 20s evo, no sure what the difference is but I have two helmets that I use, so hence the reason.

Thanks chaps, I have been looking at the freecom.

I should have added I have two bikes/helmets so will need 2 units. my BMW GS is 2004 so no worries about TFT stuff

I have spent some time looking at exiting threads but not found the guidance I need and hope someone can steer me in the right direction.

The problem is a lot of features I just don’t need, I don’t have any mates that ride bikes. So I don’t need to talk to pillions and I don’t want to answer phone calls.

All I want is listen to directions from my phone or sat nav and maybe music on longer journeys.

Thanks, Rich

Go on Amazon and have a look at the Parini by Sena . Probably all you need and just £51 :thumb

When my Plantronics BT headset that I used for work packed up after many years of good service I somehow con'd my boss into letting me get a set of Air Pod Pro's on expenses! What do I do now?! Wear them for everything - including on the motorbike. They've got the noise-cancelling if you want it and music through them is delicious! They fit comfortably in a helmet but there is a downside - when you take your helmet off they fall out! Now I think I've just solved that problem - Ultimate Ears now do an Air Pod Pro attachment which I am sorely tempted to try.

None of this is the budget way to do what you want but the reason I throw it in is because you don't need a dedicated helmet headset. You can use them for loads of other occasions so they work harder for the money!:thumb2 The sound really is great in every situation.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 18.06.12.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 18.06.12.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 177
In fact do I need two units or just 2 sets of speakers and move the unit between helmets?

Thanks Andy, I have the iPods air, but did not think that was an option if the NC affect vehicle noise. May need to try.

Without question freecom, they come with good speakers, and they are waterproof

I am leaning towards the freecom 2 and realised that I don’t have to put in the mic and can have a second audio kit and just move the main unit between helmets, so I think that maybe the winner.

Back
Top Bottom