Best pannier frame toolbox for 1250GSA? Bumot, Touratech, Cymarc

Jeremy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thoughts appreciated re quality, fit, size, waterproofing. Cost of the Cymarc is £170, Touratech £135 and Bumot £110.

Cheers

Jeremy

ive got a touratech one,fits,well made,and waterproof!,looks similar to the 45 quid chinese ebay ones which is a bit disconcerting but im sure they are made of cheese and will leak (probably)

Yeah, my own shopping around for one strongly suggested they were all much of a muchness, probably originating in China. The lock on all that I saw was very basic, with a simple key. Useful box, but don’t leave anything valuable in it when you’re away from the bike.

I agree that they are all very similar except in price.

Last year I opted for the Bumot because it is well made, fits well, waterproof and I could arrange with the Adventure Bike Shop to have the same key as my Bumot panniers and top box. It was also the cheapest of the non Chinese options especially as there was a special offer at the time

Unfortunately not much use in the last 12 months to really test it!

Mike

Yeah, my own shopping around for one strongly suggested they were all much of a muchness, probably originating in China. The lock on all that I saw was very basic, with a simple key. Useful box, but don’t leave anything valuable in it when you’re away from the bike.

Hmm.
I do not have one of these toolboxes but I have bought plenty of bits from Cymarc where it is all made to order and of the highest quality.

Last edited:
I just fitted a Bumot. The clamps are so tight that no space for helicopter tape, but the fit it so tight that not movement anticipated. The angles abs line up where very precise and accurate and it fitted square with the frame quickly and easily.

Internal dimensions are similar to the Touratech but the door feels less flimsy and interlocks at the base fir a clean square fit. The door is lined internally with a light foam which I assume affords a little protection when cramming in the compressor. The lock is standard clip lock type but the keys can be matched with the panniers unlike the Touratech.

Some of the lightweight ones can oxidise and the plastic corners can be brittle. The Bumot is powder coated and solid build like the cymarc.

Cymarc open from side angle, more security with pannier on bike panzer proof, Bumot very good qualite some bumot box must have bumot rack, other bmw oem rack, TT cheap china made. my opinion buy cymarc help Brexit win.

Thanks for the encyclopaedic feedback. I think I’m going with the Bumot in addition to their Xtremada soft panniers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cymarc open from side angle, more security with pannier on bike panzer proof, Bumot very good qualite some bumot box must have bumot rack, other bmw oem rack, TT cheap china made. my opinion buy cymarc help Brexit win.

Agree Cymarc make bombproof well engineered kit. I had a cymarc on my last GS and it didn’t keep the water out as well as the Touratech. No real experience of the Bumot on road yet.

Back
Top Bottom