Airhead get together Buxton

Tbolt

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone going to this that’s been posted on Facebook 3-6 June?

Attachments

• 3FE758FD-C01C-4160-B7A8-82CCF8D41B15.jpeg
    3FE758FD-C01C-4160-B7A8-82CCF8D41B15.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 518
Could be tempted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope this goes ahead, have a run out on the Saturday, maybe something to look forward to at last :tarka

Will try to be there on the Saturday if not on Scotish north coast trip.
Look forward to catching up with folks not seen for ages it seems.
Thanks for posting Gerry, would never have known otherwise as not on Facebook.

I’m not very good with Humans, however, tactically modified, I shall probably slip in and out over the weekend; fish cooked on the Manifold now you’re taking me back..🐠

Update posted on Facebook today:

Tim Riley

Hi Folks. I'm a BMW club member and keen 'Airhead'. I've been organising a gathering of air cooled BMWs in Buxton at Buxton Rugby Club from 3-6 June camping at the club. Booked it over a year ago (paid a deposit) and have been in regular touch with them in recent months and organised a COVID compliant gathering of 29 people. We even had Elspeth Beard joining us for a ride out on the Saturday.
The Rugby Club has just told us at ridiculously short notice that they're not going ahead because of various issue around their permissions for usage of the site (presumably they could have told me this many months back when we had a fighting chance of rebooking).
So, I've got a lot of very disappointed Airheads (many of them members of this club) with nowhere to camp. We had hoped for the Peak District but if any members here have contacts to suitable venues - we'd love to go just about anywhere there's good motorcycling country nearby. Normal campsites are just not an option. Most don't want large groups and already are heavily booked for the half term week. So, best option is probably farms and venues with facilities for events perhaps not currently running until the 30 rule is lifted.
You can see how disappointed my motorcycles are in the photo. I'd promised them they could all go, lol.

Bugger, was looking forward to this - a good incentive to get the gs out of the shed & on the road. Very poor form by the rugby club.

Bull'i'thorn?

Just been chatting to a mate of mine who had booked to attend. He lives locally and worked with the rugby club to organise a successful rally a few years back and was pretty happy with them. It might be that I owe the club the benefit of the doubt as it appears that cancellation was truly beyond their control. The timing of it could be a different matter though.
One suggestion put forward was the Bull'i'Thorn pub, at Pomeroy, which is only a couple of miles further down the A515 from the rugby club.
They used to host an annual scooter rally until fairly recently but, looking at their website, the situation may have changed. Might be worth asking the question thjough?
https://www.bullithorn.co.uk/camping/
Rob

Just been chatting to a mate of mine who had booked to attend. He lives locally and worked with the rugby club to organise a successful rally a few years back and was pretty happy with them. It might be that I owe the club the benefit of the doubt as it appears that cancellation was truly beyond their control. The timing of it could be a different matter though.
One suggestion put forward was the Bull'i'Thorn pub, at Pomeroy, which is only a couple of miles further down the A515 from the rugby club.
They used to host an annual scooter rally until fairly recently but, looking at their website, the situation may have changed. Might be worth asking the question thjough?
https://www.bullithorn.co.uk/camping/
Rob

I was going to pass this information on to the organiser but most of the dates are fully booked.

Back
Top Bottom