Plastic fuel line Quick Connectors

meintjiesj

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Need to replace the o-rings on the quick connectors (black plastic type). Any one know where I can buy them?
Thanks

Motorworks, pretty sure I saw the O rings earlier when I was looking for a quick connector for my 1100

Motorworks - buy more than you need & keep for next time. I tend to replace O rings every time I split the connector, as they expand over time

Thanks Jez and Ajay. Been scouring the www and couldn't find anything I could be sure will fit. Agree, will buy a few extras, must say been very lucky with these lasted nearly 6 years and had the tank off a few times during this time.

If you plan to keep the bike long term, I would change the plastic male connections for the upgrade metal ones.

New plastic one from BMW is 16 quid, I'd just replace it.

i think the metal one is the straight connector, the plastic one is the 90 degree one.

Motorworks have straight AND 90's in plastic. On Mworks site metal cost approx 2x plastic, so if you can source metal at similar cost to plastic (post #7), go for metal

Ordered 4 from Motobins, think it was £1.92 per o-ring. Which is a bit extortionate but now feel better when you say 5 euro in Ireland. More extortionate was the £3.90 postage.

Hi Ajay, I'll just keep with plastic for now. After 6 years they still look decent, just the o-rings. Which seem to be half the price of the total cost of a connector. Need to visit a dive shop again and get some viton o-rings they use in scuba gear, should be cheaper.

I presume the metal ones also have the same o-ring setup?

Hi wreck_diver, where did you get the metal ones from? I have a 1200GS LC arriving next week and may want to get some for that, if it is £17.00

Hi Ajay, I'll just keep with plastic for now. After 6 years they still look decent, just the o-rings. Which seem to be half the price of the total cost of a connector. Need to visit a dive shop again and get some viton o-rings they use in scuba gear, should be cheaper.

I presume the metal ones also have the same o-ring setup?

if youre set on keeping the plastic ones, carry around a small length of pipe and a joiner. they *will* break at some point and can leave you stranded, or pissing your fuel all over the road and your hot exhaust pipe. ive broken three of them over the years, they really do get old and brittle with age. it makes sense to replace the male bits with metal ones, they fit right in the female plastic ones so no real need to change those.

Thanks gog. I have a few things I always carry with me i.e. spark plug, cable ties, bulbs etc. will include a joiner kit and o-rings. Didn't know they were that prone to breaking as I have unplugged mine a few times i.e. at least once a year for 6 years and they still look very sturdy, except for the o-rings that seems to have got brittle and cracked. Will get some metal ones for the LC.

Probably a simple question, but do these pipes latching onto the quick connectors need clamping if the tank is being removed, or do they have stop valve or something similar to prevent flow as soon as they are disconnected?

Back
Top Bottom