Engine guards

g00ner

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Im looking to buy some for my new to me 2019 DCT AT. I've been through the 'farkles' thread and though plenty of options, no real recommendations

I'm liking the SW Motech engine only...can't see a need for the upper bars too unless they do a decent job and aren't just mounts for spotlights like the Honda ones. Any pros and cons out there before I spend the cash...

I know there are Heed, Alt Rider, Givi, Black Dog etc etc. Too much choice :nenau

EDIT: The bike will be used off road, dry summer easier trails here and Pyrenees if we're ever allowed.

Last edited:
I had Heed bars on my ATAS. The Honda dealer recommended them over the standard. If it would be helpful, PM your phone and I can Whatsapp video to show you the bars.

Hepco and Becker on my ATAS.
Very neat and fit well.

5e8e902321256d04e145e60274489182.jpg

Found a better pic

9a30faeb80a977f013a09621df56b4c7.png

If you are off roading, especially a long way from home you need to protect the hoses and radiators with upper bars as damage to these could well end your trip. Don't spare expense on these as could be a false economy and would recommend HEED bars. I have a set of upper ones for sale and can email you info and pics if required.

I've bought Hepco & Becker stuff before and was happy. Interested in whatever is effective without looking like scaffolding

I have the H&B bars too. They offer good protection and look good, but I did need to fettle the centre mounting plates because the holes didn't line up. I also replaced the stainless bolts with high tensile (as per Honda OEM).

Back
Top Bottom