What quilt?

I have camped all my life, i've found as i get older i get colder at night and cant sleep.
As i cant really afford the mutts nuts equipment made for camping on Everest i just camp in summer only.

There is nothing for a couple of hundred quid that will keep me warm at night when the temp hits zero or below.
i camped at Glencoe in September and i was so cold at night i got dressed in my bike winter gear and gloves.... i was VERY close to jumping on the bike and coming home lol

yea i think my out of summer camping days are over.
unless someone invents a heated sleeping bag that works off a powerbank i can charge on the bike during the day :D

I have camped all my life, i've found as i get older i get colder at night and cant sleep.
As i cant really afford the mutts nuts equipment made for camping on Everest i just camp in summer only.

There is nothing for a couple of hundred quid that will keep me warm at night when the temp hits zero or below.
i camped at Glencoe in September and i was so cold at night i got dressed in my bike winter gear and gloves.... i was VERY close to jumping on the bike and coming home lol

unless someone invents a heated sleeping bag that works off a powerbank i can charge on the bike during the day :D

USB Heated Blanket? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08J4F994C?tag=mattressnuti-21&geniuslink=true

Have a look on the RAB website. They do good stuff. You can even hire equipment too.
https://rab.equipment/uk/

It would seem they don’t do quilts but do do quality square / rectangular sleeping bags. :thumb2

I've no knowledge of that quilt but can't fault Alpkit, always look out for their sales.

I'm also looking for a rectangular bag like this but could do with a bit more down fill for cooler nights. Not many about though.

You can get various sleeping bag liners to go inside your summer bag so you can use it in the colder months too. A good thermal under layer also makes a huge difference. Stick it under your airbed to reflect the cold back down into the ground. Both options, even combine, are a lot cheaper than forking out on a really good down sleeping bag. :thumb2

Not so much getting older as getting wealthier and softer as you get older.
Central heating is your downfall to which there is no solution you can throw money at.

We’ve gone over to a quilt with fitted sheet, won’t go back to a bag

Back
Top Bottom