An attempt at an intro for future Vlogs

I'd have shot the reverses to use as cut aways.

camera inside the shed looking out....
man walks towards shed

cut to reverse to extend the shot drone shot steady hover, with you walking through the frame

logo

time lapse, or sped up footage of walking around the shed, using three layers of video with graduated opacity

cut to close do into... welcome to Dunn shed...

intro of topic cut to CU (close up) of the stuff..

invite to like, invite to subscribe to more episode.

close and role titles...

Mmmmm......lathes:drool

Is there going to be some lathe action?

(my next hobby I hope)

As a standalone, it's quite amusing.

But, as a vlog intro it's about a 1 min 40 s too long.

I'd have shot the reverses to use as cut aways.

camera inside the shed looking out....
man walks towards shed

cut to reverse to extend the shot drone shot steady hover, with you walking through the frame

logo

time lapse, or sped up footage of walking around the shed, using three layers of video with graduated opacity

cut to close do into... welcome to Dunn shed...

intro of topic cut to CU (close up) of the stuff..

invite to like, invite to subscribe to more episode.

close and role titles...

Lo Iq has nailed it , far to slow, nothing happening, no engagement. and the views of you chewing or talking to yourself are not flattering. One of the Vloggers I was following before buying a big TV . Started his Vlog with a summary of his findings, thus you could decide whether to hang in or try another. You could do similar eg “ today we synch the carbs on the Suzuki and correct what 99% of people get wrong”

wasn't being critical the main thing like all presentations are start middle end and don't over stay your welcome... It's better to force the cut to tighten it all up, than holding the shot hoping to get better more exciting action that may not be forthcoming... (make notes and have a rough duration for the piece)

example

come up with a question, ask for their opinion to be left in the comment below... (cos sure as eggs is eggs someone will bite)

expore the question posed in the video from the three different angles how you understand the question, how others would see the problem and what a possible solution is, and how you've arrived at that (show workings with voice over, nobody is interested in the presenter)

reitorate the findings, invite questions which lead to further videos

use close caption to make the content google search able and increase search hits.

Lo IQ has said it all, 1 min 40 sec continous off one camera really has to have something going on to attract the viewer. Imagine a slide show, each image will grab your attention for a few seconds before you start wondering whats for lunch. The footage should grab you by the balls and keep you wanting more or asking what's coming next. The introduction or relevant information should be there to let the viewer know what he's going to be missing if he turns it off, check out adverts midway through a You Tube video, they try and hold you so you don't press skip. I'm sure there's lots of lessons on video production on You Tube, if not check out some of those high profile YT vloggers, I'm sure they could show you how to do it.

Jeez, cut the guy some slack.

I think lo iq makes good points about changing the frame from inside to outside. Those twitches with the pan angles really show up so I'd work on getting the angle right with the drone to save having to adjust going in/out.

My pet hate on vlogs is an age long intro, believe me once you get folk following you they will soon bore of a long intro, they want substance.

Remember to long intro to songs from the 70’80’90’s they were all killed off when the likes of spotify and streaming listening came on line.

If a viewer / listener isnt engaged in the first 10/15 secs they just flip to something else.

riefensthal introduced movement to cameras, which can add power or make a more dynamic image to a shot... but in this instance it might simpler to let the content carry the story.

always consider the journos question who, what, where, when and why

however in production it's sometimes simpler to ask these in a different order...

:)

let's put it this way your intro video is way better than the one I've never bothered making for the last few years....

mental note to self "stop being such a lazy slag...!"

Back
Top Bottom