Husky Sport closing down.

cookie

Stay Frosty
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sad news about a good dealer, but there's 30% off stock until 31st March when they close for good.

I've not seen a reason, but likely a combination of Covid and the owner being retirement age.

great friendly dealers.

I had heard that KTM / Husky are insisting that the all dealers become what they call 360 dealers, in other words they sell the whole range of bikes both road and off-road. Now , I can imagine its not too much bother for a road dealer to start stocking some off-road bikes but an off-road dealer will probably have a big increase in costs . Even for a smaller brand like Husky its a massive investment increase in terms of inventory , demo bikes, showroom improvements and maybe extra sales staff + also technicians & training. Ive heard some off-road KTM dealers up here have packed it in as result.

I wonder if that's another bike dealer lost because of that ? If the owners were close to retirement you probably wouldn't want the investment and hassle ?

Shame :(

I've not seen a reason, but likely a combination of Covid and the owner being retirement age.

great friendly dealers.

When I spoke to the owner a few weeks ago he said his wife had finally won and he was retiring......... Sad to see them go as they have always been great to deal with but thanks also for the heads up Cookie, I saved myself a few pennies today :beerjug:

Andres

I had heard that KTM / Husky are insisting that the all dealers become what they call 360 dealers, ...............

Leisure Trail, where I bought my 1190R, stopped for that very reason....... that was a couple of years ago though.

Andres

I had heard that KTM / Husky are insisting that the all dealers become what they call 360 dealers, in other words they sell the whole range of bikes both road and off-road. Now , I can imagine its not too much bother for a road dealer to start stocking some off-road bikes but an off-road dealer will probably have a big increase in costs . Even for a smaller brand like Husky its a massive investment increase in terms of inventory , demo bikes, showroom improvements and maybe extra sales staff + also technicians & training. Ive heard some off-road KTM dealers up here have packed it in as result.

I wonder if that's another bike dealer lost because of that ? If the owners were close to retirement you probably wouldn't want the investment and hassle ?

Shame :(

Husky Sport already did sell road and off road Husqvarnas. I bought my 701 there, which is in the "street " range. They also did Honda off road stuff.

I think they were Husky importers once. I believe they were their longest standing dealer too. Reece, the parts guy was on the ball. He said he's going to a new Husky/KTM/Gas Gas dealer opening near Bracknell.

I chatted to owner Mike a few weeks back, and I recall him not being less than upbeat about business :(

Very sad news, have used them for parts kn the past and Reece was always a pleasure to deal with.

I’ve also used MidWest racing in Melksham for servicing and parts and they have always been very good. They are a pure off-road dealer though and couldn’t supply a 701 when I was looking for one a couple of years ago.

Not sure who the Bracknell dealer is? Wonder if it’s a new one?

Very sad news, have used them for parts kn the past and Reece was always a pleasure to deal with.

I’ve also used MidWest racing in Melksham for servicing and parts and they have always been very good. They are a pure off-road dealer though and couldn’t supply a 701 when I was looking for one a couple of years ago.

Not sure who the Bracknell dealer is? Wonder if it’s a new one?

It'll be anyone with £100,000 and access to a building ... KTM aren't very fussy

E T James & Wayne Mounter have fallen foul of this 360 Dealer malarkey

So have some KTM northern dealers

Folly & when they realise that riders who buy & race enduro & MX bikes are totally different to those that buy road bikes & both have totally different needs it’s going to be too late
Beta/Sherco/Fantic and Honda/Yamaha enduro & MX bikes will take the place on the circuits

QUOTE]

Midwest are back in the game with 701's; I should be picking mine up in c 2 weeks time.

...but this thread makes me wonder if they are also under threat as they are very much off-road focussed; no Vitpilens there!

Folly & when they realise that riders who buy & race enduro & MX bikes are totally different to those that buy road bikes & both have totally different needs it’s going to be too late
Beta/Sherco/Fantic and Honda/Yamaha enduro & MX bikes will take the place on the circuits

Spot on :thumb

Exactly, even butcher's don't sell fish. :)

I test rode a 701 at Midwest, then when I went back to buy one they told me they were no longer allowed to sell me one. Now it seems they can again.

Madness.

Back
Top Bottom