Help please: fitting Tucano apron on Burgman 400 (2018)

simondippenhall

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bought a Tucano Termoscud apron on the site. Looks a great bit of kit but struggling with how to fit the upper part to the scooter cockpit. Have looked far and wide for fitting instructions on t’internet without success...found instructions for the model that fits a Tmax but in certain key details it seems to differ.

There are two hooks on the top with no obvious edge to hook them on to, and two thin straps with screw holes but no indication which screw to engage them with. (I think I can work out most of the other fixing points).

Thanks for any help to illuminate my ignorance!

Thanks I viewed that early on in my search but as it’s for a previous model Tucano and a previous model Burgman I am not sure it’s telling me what I need to know.

I like Alexey for the way he has toured two up in Europe on his 400!

Finally figured it out after a bit of sleuthing around the Tucano site.....which (of course) has fitting instructions for about 30 different gauchos but not this model, the r188

1cfab2757e62f0b370560ee087bcf802.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finally figured it out after a bit of sleuthing around the Tucano site.....which (of course) has fitting instructions for about 30 different gauchos but not this model, the r188

1cfab2757e62f0b370560ee087bcf802.jpg

At least it got out of the box this time ���� Looks good �� ��

Scooters

How are you finding it, are you pleased you bought a scooter

Wreford: yes I love the scooter.....but not the reason I had to buy it, which was a ruptured Achilles! Still, 4 months on I can now walk and don’t have to wear the ‘boot of shame’ any longer. So when the leg gets a bit stronger I may be back on a bike with foot controls.

But what’s not to like about a nippy, well sheltered scooter with a ton of space under the seat?

(And especially one which goes vertically with a blue wheelie bin on the back!:blast

Attachments

• 766DA8A6-802A-4C97-825B-EB247C660B00.jpg
    766DA8A6-802A-4C97-825B-EB247C660B00.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 127
Simon, where the retaining webbing straps rub against the paintwork will cause paint damage. I would strongly recommend adding some inexpensive paint protection film or helicopter tape where the paint can get damaged as even tight straps can flap and fret against the paint at speed. I forgot to add any to my Tmax and the belly straps have chafed away the paint, hindsight is a wonderful thing and prevention is better than cure.

Enjoy the Burgman, maxi scooters are great.

P.S. I still have those TKC80 tyres kicking around my garage, if you want them they are free to collect as I could do with the space.

Thanks Adam but the leg has recovered and the Burgman has now gone, to make room. It was great whilst I had it but now riding a larger white scooter 😁

Back
Top Bottom