Recommendations For First Service

Atomic84

Reaction score
Just planning ahead, and wondering if any members can recommend a dealer in the North West for my running in service?

My nearest is Bowker in Preston, but both Williams Manchester, and Lloyd Carlisle are within reasonable travelling distance for me.

I have used Bowker for my servicing as some of the mechanics have come from Southport super bikes they are very knowledgeable and I trust them I have never had any issues in the 20 years I've been using both .As for buying a bike from Bowker different story still waiting for a call back from June last year .Just to show you how much I trust them I travel from Chester for servicing passing Chester and Manchester Motorrad (although I have not used Manchester Motorrad )

Have you thought of going the independent route ???

service

I have been using LLoyd Motorrad at Carlisle for a number of years both for purchase and service, good honest service , helpful and everything gets explained . A friend of mine now travels over from the North East to use them too......and over the years Ive tried very many dealers being on my 23rd new Bee Em. Steve or Stephen are two good contacts.

Shinyface

Try the guy on the wirral a independent he is very good..
Ted magnum good guy.

From Garstang, I’d say Bowkers for this one and then RGM at Croston for the rest. Roy is ex-Southport Superbikes BMW tech and very highly rated around the NW. Been going for years...

for the 600 mile service on a new bike?

Why not?

No reason not to.

Ideally, the service should be negotiated as part of the original purchase price.

As it is a new BMW, there is a very high probability of a warranty claim and this particular "stamp in the book" will ease that process, in my view.

There is also this legal view as motorcycles were not included in the OFT guidance about non-franchised servicing for cars under the maker's warranty.
https://www.whitedalton.co.uk/motorbike-blog/2013/06/dealing-with-the-dealers/

The White Dalton thing has been covered before.

It's incorrect.

I agree with the first service being free though. :thumb

The White Dalton thing has been covered before.

It's incorrect.

I agree with the first service being free though. :thumb

:troll3

I'm quite familiar with the Wirral; at your earliest convenience I'd very much like to visit you in person to discuss the matter further.

Please confirm a time and where.

Thanks for your recommendations. I'll give some of the aforementioned a call and see what sort of prices they can offer.

I didn't negotiate a first service with the bike, as I don't fancy going all the way back to Dundee for a service.

Lloyd Carlisle were a lot more expensive than Williams and Bowker. So it'll be going to either Williams or Bowker as there's only a tenner in it.

Always been very happy with the service side of Bowker, and its handy to you. But as mentioned plenty great independents about.

I'd be having the first service done at a BMW authorised dealer, if only cos' I'd be concerned that an indy serviced bike may attract a lower resale value

Back
Top Bottom