Heated Gloves

meintjiesj

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
In the market for heated gloves and been looking at Keig and Gerbing. Both have options for batteries but I would rather want a more streamlined setup so power from the bike. Only problem I have is that I know myself and will get off the bike without unplugging a cable and then break something. How do the people find the range you have without unplugging? Hope I explained myself correct.

the connectors are just push to fit, co-axial type without any latch. I find they separate quite easily if you forget you are still connected and wander off to pay for fuel etc.

the connectors are just push to fit, co-axial type without any latch. I find they separate quite easily if you forget you are still connected and wander off to pay for fuel etc.
That is a relieve, was having images of me ripping things off.
What setup and make do you have?

I have Keis heated vest and Keis heated insoles. I also have Gerbing G12 gloves. I don't use the latter very often as I fit bar muffs to my bike in winter.

I will use the G12 gloves if riding my second bike that does not have the muffs.

I have a fly lead from the battery that give a pigtail sticking out at the front of the seat. I then use a Y piece to connect the various items as being used. The insoles are often used on their own as my feet are more prone to getting cold at 10C. The vest is not needed unless going a long way at 7C or lower. The connection will usually separate at the seat connection as that is the first point where it goes tight.

I have Keis heated vest and Keis heated insoles. I also have Gerbing G12 gloves. I don't use the latter very often as I fit bar muffs to my bike in winter.

I will use the G12 gloves if riding my second bike that does not have the muffs.

I have a fly lead from the battery that give a pigtail sticking out at the front of the seat. I then use a Y piece to connect the various items as being used. The insoles are often used on their own as my feet are more prone to getting cold at 10C. The vest is not needed unless going a long way at 7C or lower. The connection will usually separate at the seat connection as that is the first point where it goes tight.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. That gave me much more confidence to get the gloves. Cheers to a toastie Scottish summer.

They do disconnect easily if you walk away but I bought the gerbing coiled extension lead which gives you a bit of room when you get off. It recoils quite tightly so doesn't get in the way

They do disconnect easily if you walk away but I bought the gerbing coiled extension lead which gives you a bit of room when you get off. It recoils quite tightly so doesn't get in the way

That was one good option I will definitely look at.

I have KEIS gloves and connect them via the leads built in to my KEIS jacket which is connected to my bike via a separate tail from the battery. I do forget to unplug quite often but the connection between jacket and bike comes apart without causing any damage

BTW, Keis gloves are good but on their own not as all over warm as I expected them to be. It's true they are very hot on the warmest setting (I've never needed to use that) but to keep my hands warm all over I still use the heated grips as well

As opposed to heated gloves, I use heated liners. Mine are RapidFire (bought from Powerlet, America *) which are almost identical to the Keis inners sold by Infinity

https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product/keis-heated-g102-inner-gloves-g101x200/black

Why did I buy these?

A. It was a long time ago, when the range and availability of heated gloves in the UK wasn’t so large.

B. I find heated gloves too bulky.

C. They integrate seamlessly with my RapidFire heated jacket liner.

D. They are controllable (you can vary the heat) from the wireless ‘Heat troller’, meaning that I could adjust the warmth of my hands, independently of the warmth of the jacket liner.

E. I can use the glove liners in assorted gloves, depending on my mood on the day. For example, I have some waterproof lobster claw gloves, some waterproof ‘summer’ gloves and some waterproof ‘winter’ gloves. I can pick whichever gloves I fancy.

The jacket and glove liners are powered via a flying lead from the battery. Should I ever forget to unplug it, the connector is a simple ‘snap break’ so it just pulls apart, very easily.

* Sadly, no more.

I replaced my old Gerbing XR12 gloves with the new XR12 gloves last year as the connection to the gloves and the settings button on each glove suited me better. Always found the old style single controller was just out of reach under the jacket to allow the leads to reach the right hand glove, and a pain to adjust on the move
Whilst I cannot see me using different individual settings, they are much easier to operate, very warm even when not switched on and perfectly waterproof
10% off if bought direct if you ask

A few more options I can think about. I agree that the battery packs seem to make the glove a bit bulky. But maybe I must go to a shop and try them on before making a final decision. We normally do long days in the saddle with only fuel stops and best range I have heard of battery life is about 3 hours and that is tested at 65% for the Keig. SO will need leads I think. So many choices, first world problems.

I replaced my old Gerbing XR12 gloves with the new XR12 gloves last year as the connection to the gloves and the settings button on each glove suited me better. Always found the old style single controller was just out of reach under the jacket to allow the leads to reach the right hand glove, and a pain to adjust on the move
Whilst I cannot see me using different individual settings, they are much easier to operate, very warm even when not switched on and perfectly waterproof
10% off if bought direct if you ask

Just goes to show :) I replaced mine as well for the XR gloves (under cuff). Have found the controllers on the wrist a complete pain in the arse. I can't adjust the different settings with the gloves on, as there is too much give in the padding of the fingers and cuff. Once under the cuffs of the jacket nearly impossible to adjust heat settings. I end up putting one glove on, switching it too whatever heat setting, then doing the second one before putting it on. I much preferred the control box, which I could just velcro to the tank and I could see which settings and adjust easier :)

Back
Top Bottom