Who can fit a Denali light package near Kingston upon Thames KT2?

Did you find anyone to fit your kit ?

For the GSA owners did you remove the fuel tank to fit them ?

For the GSA owners did you remove the fuel tank to fit them ?

Yes, very easy to remove the tank. Once the bike panels are removed, you need to detach the mount for the keyless filler cap, then remove the main connectors under the tank and you can lift it clear. Equally simple to replace. My only advice would be don't do it with an almost full tank...:blast

Yes, very easy to remove the tank. Once the bike panels are removed, you need to detach the mount for the keyless filler cap, then remove the main connectors under the tank and you can lift it clear. Equally simple to replace. My only advice would be don't do it with an almost full tank...:blast

Thanks. I got it done professionally twice ( first one made a complete dogs dinner mess of it) and the second was good. All works now.

Best resource I found was the JVB video for panels removal.

DIY Denali Install

I recently stripped my bike down to deinstall the Gen 1 Hex EZ Can and Baja Design lights which I had fitted from my previous GSA. I did this because I bought some new Denali D7 lights, a Denali flush fit brake light and a new Gen 2 Cansmart. My Baja lights and EZ Can used two pin connectors, whereas the Denali requires three pin. So re-using the wiring/connectors already in place was not an option.

I watched various videos on You-Tube before deciding to give it a go. The channel "A Bike Thing" was very helpful. I did speak to him about fitting it for me, very helpful chap. But A: he couldn't do it for around a month, and B: he wanted additional money to fit as the Denali stuff was not supplied by him. This made my mind up to have a go myself.

Stripping the bike down was very easy, as long as you are careful and make a note of which bolts go where, as are either different lengths or some have shoulders some don't etc.

The big (mental) challenge for me, was do I remove the tank? As that was kind of the point of no return if things went wrong. I needn't have worried though as was very straightforward and only lost a few drips of fuel as there is a one way valve on the connector.

Friends have done similar installs without removing their tanks, but by removing mine I was able to easily route all the cabling for the lights ensuring they were not anywhere that they could either be pinched or exposed to too much direct heat from the engine. I took my time with the routing so that it was as neat as possible, using cable ties to secure them in place. I could then trim all the cable tie loose ends and tidy everything up before re-assembly. (BTW: I did test the lights to check everything worked once I had refitted the tank).

Probably the most time consuming part of the whole job was re-fitting the body panels. There are a number of areas where there are overlaps/hidden tabs and slots etc which you need to ensure are located correctly otherwise you have panel gaps and things do not line up. However if you take your time, it all goes back together in a logical way.

Once the bike was back together, I was very happy with the end result. Plus I have a real sense of achievement that I had managed to do something myself, that (previously) I would have to have paid someone else to do.

I would definately recommend giving this sort of thing a go. :thumb

First pic is the bike with the Denalis fitted, then the bike stripped down, and the the last is with the old lights on.

Attachments

• Bike with Bajas.jpg
    Bike with Bajas.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Bike Stripped.jpg
    Bike Stripped.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 159
  • Bike with Denalis.jpg
    Bike with Denalis.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 162
I recently stripped my bike down to deinstall the Gen 1 Hex EZ Can and Baja Design lights which I had fitted from my previous GSA. I did this because I bought some new Denali D7 lights, a Denali flush fit brake light and a new Gen 2 Cansmart. My Baja lights and EZ Can used two pin connectors, whereas the Denali requires three pin. So re-using the wiring/connectors already in place was not an option.

I watched various videos on You-Tube before deciding to give it a go. The channel "A Bike Thing" was very helpful. I did speak to him about fitting it for me, very helpful chap. But A: he couldn't do it for around a month, and B: he wanted additional money to fit as the Denali stuff was not supplied by him. This made my mind up to have a go myself.

Stripping the bike down was very easy, as long as you are careful and make a note of which bolts go where, as are either different lengths or some have shoulders some don't etc.

The big (mental) challenge for me, was do I remove the tank? As that was kind of the point of no return if things went wrong. I needn't have worried though as was very straightforward and only lost a few drips of fuel as there is a one way valve on the connector.

Friends have done similar installs without removing their tanks, but by removing mine I was able to easily route all the cabling for the lights ensuring they were not anywhere that they could either be pinched or exposed to too much direct heat from the engine. I took my time with the routing so that it was as neat as possible, using cable ties to secure them in place. I could then trim all the cable tie loose ends and tidy everything up before re-assembly. (BTW: I did test the lights to check everything worked once I had refitted the tank).

Probably the most time consuming part of the whole job was re-fitting the body panels. There are a number of areas where there are overlaps/hidden tabs and slots etc which you need to ensure are located correctly otherwise you have panel gaps and things do not line up. However if you take your time, it all goes back together in a logical way.

Once the bike was back together, I was very happy with the end result. Plus I have a real sense of achievement that I had managed to do something myself, that (previously) I would have to have paid someone else to do.

I would definately recommend giving this sort of thing a go. :thumb

First pic is the bike with the Denalis fitted, then the bike stripped down, and the the last is with the old lights on.

Respect to you. If I had a garage I would have given it a go. Removing the tank was the big issue for me too.

Maybe when I’m back from Iceland I will strip it and redo it as I’m not convinced the original fitter was of sound mind.

Respect to you. If I had a garage I would have given it a go. Removing the tank was the big issue for me too.

Maybe when I’m back from Iceland I will strip it and redo it as I’m not convinced the original fitter was of sound mind.

Thanks. I really enjoyed doing it, and surprised myself. Best advice a friend gave me was take your time. Garage here in Bucks you are welcome to use if not too far for you.

IMG_6435.jpg

I spent yesterday adding the lights, light bar and Denali horn to the bike via the EZcan. Yes it takes a bit of time but very easy to do. Take your time stripping the panels off is the main thing taking care not to loose any of the bolts. (I screwed the bolts back in place after removing the panel so as to keep them safe)

Videos on YouTube by 'A Bike Thing' might help for others.

tom

Back
Top Bottom