Tubliss

I find running a soft mousse or very low tyre pressure on the 701 very beneficial off road. Running at 20psi is terrible off road, and no real benefit on road. 15psi is a decent compromise maybe.

I should have said, that is with full knobblies (Trackers).

My understanding , as posted by JohnnyBoxer , is that Tubliss is not road legal

I guess any tubed/tubeless system is at some point a compromise but this is the way I have gone

https://youtu.be/60bi1r2Xvbo

If pressure is lowered the remaining part of the tube is tucked away between the rim and outer bead of the tyre, so a snakebite is most unlikely

I guess any tubed/tubeless system is at some point a compromise but this is the way I have gone

https://youtu.be/60bi1r2Xvbo

If pressure is lowered the remaining part of the tube is tucked away between the rim and outer bead of the tyre, so a snakebite is most unlikely

If you get a flat then won't the tyre bead come off the rim and the inner tube liner get dislodged from position? So even though you can fix the puncture with a plug from outside, you'll never be able to get the liner back in position without the excess you've previously cut off. So one way or another you'll need another inner tube, so what's the point?

Tyre pressure that isn't within certain limits of manufacturers recommended, could result in a fine and points.

I've seen this somewhere, but can't find it now. It did make an impression as mine are often on the soft side.

That might be a problem when Gatso start doing a camera that detects tyre pressures.

If you get a flat then won't the tyre bead come off the rim and the inner tube liner get dislodged from position? So even though you can fix the puncture with a plug from outside, you'll never be able to get the liner back in position without the excess you've previously cut off. So one way or another you'll need another inner tube, so what's the point?

I take your point about the trimmed off tube but I do carry an original tube in case I have need to refit one. I have had several punctures over the years and helped with others’ but I have yet to see a tubeless tyre disconnect from it’s rim due to a nail or similar. On my RT I went into a deep pothole in Turkey with enough violence to break my thumb and put symmetrical dents in the cast wheel - no air lost and the tour continued. On the current bike I will also be putting more Ultraseal sealant in the tyres as it has worked for me in the past

Back
Top Bottom