New bike on its way

Picked it up today - dropped off my 2018 Rallye TE and an hour or so later rode away on a new 2021 R1250GS TE in white.

First impressions, Road mode suspension softer and plusher than the bike I dropped off and the engine seems much smoother and more refined.

Nice one :okay

Picked it up today - dropped off my 2018 Rallye TE and an hour or so later rode away on a new 2021 R1250GS TE in white.

First impressions, Road mode suspension softer and plusher than the bike I dropped off and the engine seems much smoother and more refined.
Once run in you will notice the power change from the old one . Happy new bike you won’t be disappointed.

Watch out for roundabouts :)

Hill hold is nicer too if you had it on your '18

Nice ride Engineer... congrats. Take care and enjoy the ride.

Here she is :)

Almost identical to mine. Same tyres even. I have white handguards and aux lights.

Does it come with the lighting pack? (Can't remember if that was part of the TE package or something extra.) The dipped lights that stay level as you lean are fantastic.

Almost identical to mine. Same tyres even. I have white handguards and aux lights.

Does it come with the lighting pack? (Can't remember if that was part of the TE package or something extra.) The dipped lights that stay level as you lean are fantastic.

Yep it gets all that stuff as standard with the TE spec, haven’t been out in the dark yet!

Yep it gets all that stuff as standard with the TE spec, haven’t been out in the dark yet!
The new lights are a revelation.

The engine does seem a lot smoother low down and the hill hold is completely unobtrusive

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

hill hold is great although i did royally f it up when on a particularly steep hill. all revs and brown trousers

Barry

hill hold is great although i did royally f it up when on a particularly steep hill. all revs and brown trousers

Barry

Hill hold assist isnt new for this model. I have it on my 18 GSA.

I think the point being made is that hill assist is less obtrusive on the 1250 than the 1200

Nice and clean lines with those colours. Wheels will be easier to clean than my gold spoked jobbies..

You're close by I think. I'm in Godmanchester.

How is it obtrusive ?

I had an 18 plate GSA with Hill Hold Assist, I found it was very temperamental, I would have to give lots more revs than I would like to overcome it otherwise there was a good chance it would stall. Therefore, I never used it.
I found with the later models of the 1200 (when I had a loan bike) that they'd tweaked the software and/or hardware and it was much smoother.
I now have a 21 plate 1250 GSA and it is very smooth to use, I would go as far to say it is unobtrusive when used.

I've never applied it, and then tried to pull away with it engaged, I simply pull the brake again and ride off:nenau
its not intrusive at all, I don't even think about it when i use it:nenau

I've never applied it, and then tried to pull away with it engaged, I simply pull the brake again and ride off:nenau
its not intrusive at all, I don't even think about it when i use it:nenau

When used like that, no, it isn't obtrusive on the earlier versions, but I found it was not very good when setting off with it engaged. The newer versions are much better, you don't have to think about it when it us used.

When used like that, no, it isn't obtrusive on the earlier versions, but I found it was not very good when setting off with it engaged. The newer versions are much better, you don't have to think about it when it us used.

^^^^ this.

Back
Top Bottom