Importing from Northern Ireland

big fella

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anybody on here imported a motor from Northern Ireland since Brexit. I cant seem to find a definite answer on whats what.
I'm looking at bringing in a 1600cc, 2009 bike to the south but don't want to have to give a testicle to do it :)
Any info greatly appreciated.
Bf.

I did it 4 weeks ago. So long as the bike was in NI before 2021 then you'll have no problem, just the standard docs needed. I was at the VRT centre in Ballymount for about 20 mins and most of that was chatting

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

Son has, yes. Bog standard docs less shipping.

Yep, as above - no issue provided the vehicle was in Northern Ireland prior to 31/12/2020. If it’s a NI reg then easy peasy. If it’s on an GB plate you will be asked to prove that in was in the north prior to that date.

Thank you Gentlemen. Bike is with a dealer and has been in NI since 2019.
And with the year of manufacture should be reasonable enough.
Bf.

Does anyone know the process for importing a GB plate bike - one that has not been in NI at any point?

I was trying to get some up to date information on importing from the UK - any pointers?

Thanks

Yep, as above - no issue provided the vehicle was in Northern Ireland prior to 31/12/2020. If it’s a NI reg then easy peasy. If it’s on an GB plate you will be asked to prove that in was in the north prior to that date.

You have to take too nct centre to clear it
But you now on top of vrt you have to pay vat and a new import tax so now more expensive than prior brexit

Does anyone know the process for importing a GB plate bike - one that has not been in NI at any point?

I was trying to get some up to date information on importing from the UK - any pointers?

Thanks

I do - and it’s not pretty! You have to have the bike customs cleared by a professional customs broker prior to importation. This will involve paying a 10% import tariff and 23% vat on top of the price you pay for the bike in the uk!
Nett result - VERY expensive bike...

Jesus - not pretty as you say! Thanks for the details... On that basis, its got to be Local or EU only..

Back
Top Bottom