Thread: Tourshell Jacket. Any good?

Tourshell Jacket. Any good?

Been offered a brand new Tourshell jacket at a good price (I reckon - £250?) but havent tried one on.

I have experience with BMW gear so I know what size I need, but wondered how the jackets perform.

I bought a comfortshell jacket many years ago from this very site and its done me well to be fair, though its probably passed its best now. I never found it a 'comfortable' jacket to wear though. Sort of bit stiff. Not the warmest either.

Is the Tourshell a similar jacket to Comfortshell? It looks the same material.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I've had a tourshell suit for several years now. I really rate it for 3 season riding. I've worn it in 0c to 35c and felt comfortable. I'd happily have another

A good quality jacket these, you won't be disappointed.

Personally though, I always prefer a decent set of leathers in the summer, so keep these for Spring/Autumn (I'll pass when it comes to Winter riding these days)

I'm with you on the leathers squibb. I'd rather have an Atlantis jacket (size 54 if anyone is shifting one ), but theyr'e crazy dosh new.

Do you guys find the material a bit stiff & awkward? If its like the Comfortshell it just never seems to 'bed' in.

It took a few 'wears' for it to become a bit more supple but yes, still sort of 'stiff'. It isn't uncomfortable with it tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey B View Post
    It took a few 'wears' for it to become a bit more supple but yes, still sort of 'stiff'. It isn't uncomfortable with it tho.

I love my Tourshell jacket.

Its a brilliant allrounder with a great warm removable liner. 100% waterproof.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyNeil View Post
    I love my Tourshell jacket.

Its a brilliant allrounder with a great warm removable liner. 100% waterproof.
    I think the later version (2017ish) does away with the removable liner and has subtly different styling. But I could be talking utter bollocks.

https://images.app.goo.gl/WPiqYFM2bnuhWAGS6

Mine is probably pre 2017.

I stand corrected said the man in the orthopaedic shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
    Do you guys find the material a bit stiff & awkward? If its like the Comfortshell it just never seems to 'bed' in.
    The material is much softer than the Comfortshell and has BMW's own membrane.

For summer use, I have an Airflow jacket and riding jeans - leathers are much too hot.
    John Bentall

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
    Been offered a brand new Tourshell jacket at a good price (I reckon - £250?) but havent tried one on.

I have experience with BMW gear so I know what size I need, but wondered how the jackets perform.

I bought a comfortshell jacket many years ago from this very site and its done me well to be fair, though its probably passed its best now. I never found it a 'comfortable' jacket to wear though. Sort of bit stiff. Not the warmest either.

Is the Tourshell a similar jacket to Comfortshell? It looks the same material.
    I have/had both. Comfortshell was made out of C-change fabric and Keprotec/Dynatec on elbow and back for abrasion, jacket was a bit stiff but the trousers are ok. There was only mesh liner so it was a summer jacket, but with a windproof jacket and a heated jacket was perfect at 3000m in the Alps.
    Still have the suit, only Richa used this waterproof material and now Rokker. Much better than Goretex.
    I purchased a second hand first generation ladies Tourshell suit for my son, he was 11 at the time. He loved the jacket, the fabric never went soft. He could use the liner as a casual fleece, it was waterproof. I gave the jacket to his friend Zac when he was doing his CBT. The suit is also very good at crashing. Zac hit a lamp post on a traffic island, the suit survived with minor abrasion, amazingly Zac also survived with not one bone broken. The massive back protector probably has something to do with him getting away without injury.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you have been affected,offended by any of the issues raised call free on 06213111566 . Not a fat cat...