R1100RT Starter motor current draw?

Did you Clean the reduction Gearbox out before you bunged it full of grease ??

Did you Clean the one way clutch at the bendix and add a little light oil ??

Did you grease the nose bearing ?

Did you Clean the reduction Gearbox out before you bunged it full of grease ??

Did you Clean the one way clutch at the bendix and add a little light oil ??

Did you grease the nose bearing ?
Yeah, nose bushing bit of grease, planetary gears moving grand, just clean with brake clean and trow some grease in and clutch part with wd40 .
I think I need new engine

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to see how many Amps your new starter will take.
I guess more than 100 Amps anyway.

Don't think i bother with new starter to be honest... There no definitive answer that new motor will draw less power, yeah if my one was damaged in some way then maybe. If I do then yeah I post results. Was kinda hopping someone already done and had results to compare.
Ah well...

Yeah, nose bushing bit of grease, planetary gears moving grand, just clean with brake clean and trow some grease in and clutch part with wd40 .
I think I need new engine

a New Solenoid may be a good idea The contact points inside may be carbon scored :rob

All those valeo modular starters share the same solenoid (N.B. Just casings can be the opposite rotation!

Also Try a better Ground wire fixing

It still sounds like its going over slow in the video

a New Solenoid may be a good idea The contact points inside may be carbon scored :rob

All those valeo modular starters share the same solenoid (N.B. Just casings can be the opposite rotation!

Also Try a better Ground wire fixing

It still sounds like its going over slow in the video
I actually threw extra ground on your recommendation just duble wire about 20amp each to make sure

Did it help?

Agree with what Pekka says above

Old V new :rob

It really is NOT easy to bump start an 1100cc boxer !! Trust me I know !! :green gri
No it'd didn't, but no harm to have extra ground

No it'd didn't, but no harm to have extra ground

Next Option is the starter solenoid on top

Quite possibly the inner contacts are burnt and high resistance now

Check out HC Cargo part number 111335 for a decent replacement starter

Next Option is the starter solenoid on top

Quite possibly the inner contacts are burnt and high resistance now

The solenoid takes only few amps when starting. Maybe 5-10 A. The solenoid wire is thin.
The solenoid wire would burn into air with 198 Amps or even 80A.

So there is no problem with the solenoid.

The solenoid takes only few amps when starting. Maybe 5-10 A. The solenoid wire is thin.
The solenoid wire would burn into air with 198 Amps or even 80A.

So there is no problem with the solenoid.

Sorry but No. Pekka, I mean the inner contacts where the Bridge between battery live and starter brushes are

If they are carbon scored you have a high resistance point the motor wire is downstream of this and not in the equation

There is only a straight connector in the end of the solenoid.
Completete protected from dust etc.

Hard to believe there could be some problem.
No other contact to the starter brushes
Video point 0:56 min.

Link, klik

There is only a straight connector in the end of the solenoid.
Completely protected from dust etc.

Hard to believe there could be some problem.
No other contact to the starter brushes

Its not Dust Pekka It is burning/carbon scoring of the contacts inside from high load for whatever reason Bad starter Bad earth

I have stripped a few airhead Bosch starters to try and understand why they turned over really slow

And all of them were the same

The owners kept the starter button pushed as the battery discharged further and further

and the carbon contacts inside were blackened

you cannot open the valeo starter solenoid the same way but I suspect it would be just the same

Its not Dust Pekka It is burning/carbon scoring of the contacts inside from high load for whatever reason Bad starter Bad earth

you cannot open the valeo starter solenoid the same way but I suspect it would be just the same

Sorry but No, DrFarkoff

There is no carbon whatsoever inside the solenoid.
Don't suspect, if you don't know.
Image, link klik

There is no carbon whatsoever inside the solenoid

Sorry I should have said COPPER contacts were burned and carboned up My mistake in my post above

The copper bar makes a bridge between those two copper "buttons" and they get burnt with high current If they do not burn they change colour with the heat and become quite pink

I have seen this in at least 5 Bosch airhead starters that I stripped down to inspect.

Via that bar is the only method of transferring full battery capacity to the starter

So I actually do know that it happens Pekka

What I did do wrong, was to type Carbon instead of Copper

Back
Top Bottom